Reply To: Husaberg Pre 09's straight up rock

Forums Forums Bikes Husaberg Husaberg Pre 09's straight up rock Reply To: Husaberg Pre 09's straight up rock

Hadrian Haine
Participant
  • Bike: 08 Husaberg FE 450 and a classic 86 Honda XLR250R

So it arrived with new Michelin Enduro competition tyres fitted the MS up front which if i can get to ballance seems like a nice tyre but the rear is the Enduro Comp 111 a very aggressive knob that i, coupled with the amazing throttle response, am having trouble finding traction on hard pavement. And in less than 200km is showing lots of wear.
The hours were at the time of arrival 77hours and the odo sat at 2776, it has the been fitted with larger exhaust valves and stronger valve spring. Has the Rekluse Z Start pro clutch, and the egine was rebuilt at 70hours, after the weep hole was leaked and the water pump seal failure was mistaken for a blown head gasket. So has a fresh top end.
There are a few things i need to do (other than learning that the throttle is the same as a 30year old honda 250) as eluded to above the front wheel needs ballancing, the suspension needs tuning to my waight, and i will be doing some electric mods adding a key ignition, charge ports and a remote gps security tracker.