ADV Panniers Hard or Soft?

Forums Forums General Discussion Chit Chat ADV Panniers Hard or Soft?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

MAD COW
    Participant

ok so I want to buy a set of panniers but I don’t like the idea of forking out thousands of dollars for panniers on an adventure bike when they just going to get stuffed later on down the line. So any idea where I can get a good set of solid panniers made out of plastic or similar in the Auckland area?
    unfortunately as the Husky TR650 is no longer produced i will have to manufacture mounting brackets and do a few custom mods which is understandable but I’m hoping that panniers on a DR650 won’t be that different to mount.

Joao
    Keymaster
    • Bike: R1200GS

Hi Mad Cow,

Here is my personal opinion.
    For a very long time I’ve used HARD panniers, always liked the fact you could use them as a siting device :D.
    but recently I’ve changed to soft panniers, the reason is that I’ve seen many people ripping off the hard panniers and spending thousands of dollars to replace them…
    I went for a Mosko Moto Reckless but there are other options. I do feel that soft panniers can take a beating better than hard ones…

Just a thought…

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

I have Wolfman Expedition soft bags on the DR, before than I have them on my KTM 950 Adventure, and possibly before that on one of my BMW’s. I haven’t dragged them down the road at speed but I’ve done at least 10,000km with them on board and have dropped them into rivers, on gravel and dirt tracks, and into trees and they have stood up to all the abuse.

I had one of them completely submerged under water for over 2 minutes and no water got in.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.