Topic: Auckland Rides | | Adventure Riding NZ - Part 2

Auckland Rides

This topic contains 97 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of enduro0627 enduro0627 1 day, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of enduro0627
    enduro0627
    Participant
    • Bike : 2014KLR650EE

Hi,
    https://klrramblers.wordpress.com/2016/10/28/klr-ramblers-ride-november/
    For anyone who is interested in a monthly, easy gravel ride nearby Auckland.
    Don’t be frightened by the name of the riding group, everyone is welcome. 🙂

Profile photo of giancarlo
    giancarlo
    Participant

Sounds good, I’m in.

giancarlo
    Participant

Sorry, not going to be able to make this one due to last minute work commitments.

Profile photo of 4by4motorcycle
    4by4motorcycle
    Participant

I would have come if had checked this page earlier. New so here so still figuring out on where to check for what.
    I went to muriwai beach on the 19th, it was alright but would have been better with some company.
    If anyones planning any rides next Sunday and is looking for some company i’ll be keen to join in 🙂

Profile photo of enduro0627
    enduro0627
    Participant
    • Bike : 2014KLR650EE

We have done it again.
    It was the most scenic ride we had so far.
    A short report and some pics are here:
    https://klrramblers.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/november-ride-report/

giancarlo
    Participant

Weather permitting, I’m off on a 2 day ride starting on the 14th January. If anyone wants to join, it’ll be a slow meander.

Day 1
    Auckland – Port-Waikato – Nikau Cafe – Raglan (tent camping, maybe some fishing)

Day 2
    Raglan -SH22 – Ponganui Rd – Klondyke road (east to west) back to Port Waikato – Auckland

If anyone has suggestions on things to see along the way or perhaps an alternate route, feel free to drop a comment.

Profile photo of Black Betty
    Black Betty
    Participant
    • Bike : DR650

@giancarlo I’m keen to join you for the ride from Port Waikato to Raglan, plus tent the night but will ride Ponganui Rd and Klondyke road before getting to P/Waikato.
    Day 2 would see us parting ways, as I’d continue riding south to Kawhai, then down Kaimango Rd, Hauturu Rd and finally have a poke around Owawenga Rd before heading home.

giancarlo
    Participant

Hey @black-betty, that sounds like an interesting second day. Unfortunately I’ve got something on on Sunday afternoon so I have to make the second day short and sweet.

I’ll join you for Ponganui – Klondyke – P Waikato – Raglan on day 1 though. I’ll plan day 2 closer to the time. Might ride with you for part of the ride and then head off home near one of the state highways.

Black Betty
    Participant

Sounds like a plan GC. All going well, could meet at Glen Murray Motors on SH22 11am?

giancarlo
    Participant

Sounds Great, see you at 11am.

Profile photo of Scott Livingston
    Scott Livingston
    Participant
    • Bike : 2010 DR650

I will join you adventurers on this long way down ride if the weather forecast is okay, including a night in Raglan or Kawhia. BB, I’ll also join you for the Sunday morning roads but will most likely depart around Otorohanga before you head east to Owawenga Rd. GC, did you want to meet up at Caltex Bombay at 10.20am and ride together down SH22 to Glen Murray Motors (about 30mins ride)?

giancarlo
    Participant

I sense a little posse forming. Sounds great Scott, 10:20 at Caltex Bombay.

Do you still have mine and Black Betty’s mobile numbers? If so, could you please add us to a whatsapp group perhaps so that we can make the sleeping arrangements? I don’t know the area, but looking at the maps there’s a holiday park in Raglan, not sure if its any good though? No DOC sites it seems. Any suggestions?

Profile photo of Scott Livingston
    Scott Livingston
    Participant
    • Bike : 2010 DR650

I do have your mobile numbers but am not sure about this whatsapp group thingy. If there are not tent sites available in Raglan then we can ride a little further to Ruapuke where there is a good chance they will be able to accommodate us. Have a look at their website ruapukemotorcamp.co.nz which says ‘no bookings needed unless you are a large group’. If needed we could squeeze our small tents on to one site or worst case scenario freecamp down a side track – out of sight and leaving no waste of course.

giancarlo
    Participant

All three options sound great.

Black Betty
    Participant

Also unsure about a whatsapp group thingy…
    According to the Raglan holiday park website there is no availability till 8th Feb. Seems hard to believe but that’s what it says. The Ruapuke Motor Camp looks the business.
    Scott, will be good to have the company on Sunday.

ps. I don’t have anyone’s mob number. PM me

See you on Sat.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.