DUCATI SCAMBLER DESERT SLED UNVEILED

Forums Forums Bikes Ducati DUCATI SCAMBLER DESERT SLED UNVEILED

This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Herman Roose 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike : Suzuki DR650 ADV

‘Easy off-road’ Scrambler debuts in Milan

DUCATI has just introduced the Scrambler Desert Sled, the second of its two new Scrambler models during its pre-Eicma press conference in Milan.

The Scrambler Desert Sked takes inspiration from the culture of stripping back road bikes and then modifying them for off-road use that was popular in places like Baja, California in the ‘60s and ‘70s.

The Desert Sled takes the Scrambler family into the ‘easy off-road’ sector and features a bash plate (giving the bike its name), plus reinforced frame, new aluminium swingarm, extended travel suspension from 200mm-travel USD Kayaba adjustable fork and gold 19 inch spoked wheels fitted with Pirelli Scorpion Rally tyres.

The bike’s off-road leanings are also visible in the mesh headlight cover, high front mudguard, high-level plate holder, off-road style foot pegs and taller 860mm seat height.

Like the new Scrambler Café Racer, the Desert Sled is also powered by the 75hp air-cooled 803cc L-Twin engine from the Scrambler Icon with new calibration to make power delivery smoother, especially lower down the rev range, says Ducati.

It will be available in two colour options – White with black frame and spoked wheels with gold rims and Ducati Red with black frame and spoked wheels with gold rims.

From: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/new-ducati-scambler-desert-sled-unveiled-eicma

Mike Breen

interesting. That looks like a pretty good compromise for road and gravel

Herman Roose

I’ll wait for this one lol

Mike Breen

it’s still a bit heavy though: 204kg fully fueled up. Wheelbase a bit longer so might be better for two up riding. My wifes Scrambler is a bit cramped with both of us on it. The 8″ adjustable suspension is about bloody time!

Steve Archibald

I wonder who they pay to come up with these names “Desert Sled” LMAO

Mike Harrison

Could b gd for u. Come ride mine sometime b a gd gravel bike low seat height

Edward Brodie

It’s a term that dates back to the 70’s

Shane Newton

Olly Musgrave

Herman Roose

I’ll bring the Mana lol

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.