Bay of Plenty – Hawkes bay – Gisborne Rides

Forums Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Bay of Plenty – Hawkes bay – Gisborne Rides

This topic contains 108 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Craig McAulay 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 109 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike : Suzuki DR650 ADV

Going for a ride on the Eastern side of the North Island? Post your plans here so other local riders can join in.

To get a notification every time someone posts in this thread press the subscribe button at the top of the first post on the page.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@black-betty there’s some roads/tracks between SH36 and Te Puke thqat could do with checking out to see if they are interesting. Mountain Road, Managatio Road & No2 Road, plus No2 Quarry Road, Te Matai Road, Kaiate Falls Road, Te Puke Quarry Road.

Black Betty
    Participant
    • Bike : DR650

Will check them out soon when I get a chance. I have logged a short but nice gravel ride (te puke Quarry rd and kaiate falls rd) up Papamoa hills (just need to work out how to up-load onto here) and will log another close by I enjoy riding, No2 rd into Mangatoi rd till you hit st hwy 36.

Brainflex
    Participant
    • Bike : CT110, Husky TE 250, DRZ250

Hi, who have we got in Whakatane, Bay of Plenty region that would like to get together for monthly rides? I,m keen to get out as the weather heats up and have a friend who is just starting in the dual sport world.

ss2fly
    Participant
    • Bike : KTM 540exc - modified

I’m in Tauranga BB, I’ll tag along when the bike is sorted soon and work roster allows if your keen?

Black Betty
    Participant

I’m Papamoa based. keen to join in whenever free.

Brainflex
    Participant

Alright we have start of a group. Let’s see who else is around n then I’ll try n organise a ride.

Black Betty
    Participant

Sounds like a plan!

Eddieb
    Keymaster

To get a notification every time someone posts in this thread press the subscribe button at the top of the first post on the page.

@black-betty @brainflex @ss2fly

Craig McAulay
    Participant
    • Bike : KLR650

Hi Guys.
    Who have we got in HB?
    I am based in Napier and looking for someone that might know some worthwhile rides in HB or wouldn’t mind someone tagging along.

Black Betty
    Participant

Thought I’d go for a spin “round the block” on Sunday. Any Tauranga/BOP riders keen to tag along?

Start at BP Pongakawa service centre and finish Maniatutu Rd/SH2 intersection. Lunch/coffee/fuel at Matata. Approx 170Km loop.

https://goo.gl/maps/Sz1vF7qySDm

jet_black
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve been riding road bikes for over 20 years and finally I’m ready to take on some more adventure… Would be great to go for a ride some time to get used to some gravel. I’m in Omokoroa and keen to join some local rides if you want to show a rookie around…

Black Betty
    Participant

@jet_black For gravel rides around here I tend to head Te puke way, back of Lakes Rotoma and Rotoiti etc.

Roads I often ride are Pongakawa Bush Rd, Pugh Rd, Maniatutu Rd, Rotoehu Rd, Campbell Rd, Pongakawa Valley Rd, Hamilton Rd, Manawhahe Rd, Herepuru Rd.
    Most of these can be linked together one way or another to make up a pretty good gravel ride.

Next time I go, I’ll let you know.

Brainflex
    Participant

Anyone interested in two day ride in December? 17/18th? Plan is to start with Pikowai Rd and finishing with Motu Rd. overnight camp so tents will be necessary.

cottlini
    Participant
    • Bike : hp2e

I might be able to escape for a ride, keep us posted

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.