Bay of Plenty – Hawkes bay – Gisborne Rides

Forums Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Bay of Plenty – Hawkes bay – Gisborne Rides

This topic contains 108 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Craig McAulay 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 109 total)
  • Author

Scott Livingston
    Participant
    • Bike: 2010 DR650

Just adding that if there is going to be a group ride including Motu, Motu Falls, Takaputahi Rd/ Otipi Track with an overnight somewhere like Whitikau Campsite in Feb 2017 then I would be keen to come along. Thanks.

Brainflex
    Participant
    • Bike: CT110, Husky TE 250, DRZ250

Alright Scott, You’ll be more than welcome. We will sort out a date and put it up.

Black Betty
    Participant
    • Bike: DR650

@brainflex Sorry, when you said bottom of Pikowai Road I presumed at SHW2 (ie Altitude) hence my sugestion to meet at Old Coach Rd. If your going South to North I’ll pass (I’d prefer my first Pikowai ride to be North-South). My bike isn’t as nibble as your DRZ250. Cottlini may be sporting a HP2 E which would be interesting too…

Brainflex
    Participant

@black-betty No, you’ve got it right, Starting on Matata Straights, climb up on to gravel road so that we descend the section in the video above. Should be OK even on the HP2 E, well some bits may be interesting but should be doable. The rest is open double track, bit like an extended Hamilton Rd. Conversation above was trying to identify the location of the gates.

Black Betty
    Participant

@brainflex All good. I’m in, though I’ll meet you at the Pikowai and Campbell intersection as I will be coming via Campbell Rd. Just name a time and I’ll be there.

As for an overnight ride for Takaputahi Rd/ Otipi Track area could I tentatively suggest 18th Feb with a back-up of 25th Feb. Suit those interested?

Brainflex
    Participant

@cottlini, are you bringing the HP2? Some of the tracks are a bit technical. If you’re up for it it’ll be interesting. Where are you coming from? Would Old Coach rd be nearer for you?
    @black-betty, lets see what Cottlini has to say, maybe better to meet at Old Coach rd.

cottlini
    Participant
    • Bike: hp2e

Yep only have the Walrus (hp2) so will be taking it, if you guys are keen for a bit of waiting while I wrestle the hunk of blubber all good. Looking at the vid it looks like its going to be the same as piloting the bluebridge ferry up the Waikato river.
    What could possibly go wrong!!!!!!!
    The cylinders are trainer skids for us learners heheehe it can only fall 1/2 way.
    I live in Tauranga so can meet where ever, will sort some new rubber for the blubber bike.

Brainflex
    Participant

OK, how about we all meet up at where Otamarakau valley Rd meets SH 2 at 9.30 on the 17th?

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

IF you are going to organise an overnighter maybe create a seperate thread for it so it has more visibility and you might get some more riders interested.

Scott Livingston
    Participant
    • Bike: 2010 DR650

18 and 19 Feb 2017 for an overnight ride for Takaputahi Rd/ Otipi Track area would suit me. Thanks.

Black Betty
    Participant

@adscott8 well, that’s two of us so we have the makings of a ride…

@brainflex Cool, see you there.

Brainflex
    Participant

cottlini
    Participant
    • Bike: hp2e

yep to Otamarakau valley Rd at 9:30

Cheers

Itamar Bareket
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I just bought a BMW Dakar 650 and Im looking for travel mates.
    I road dirt bikes for the last 7 years but not adventure so join some of you guys could be really helpful.
    if any one would like me to join him I’m in Gisbourne for the next 2-3 weeks.
    cheers Itamar.

Adrian
    Participant
    • Bike: 2012 DR650

Hello, Itamar Bareket.

I’m just about to start riding down the East coast (starting today) so I’ll be down in your woods in a few days.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.