Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, News, Discussion, and more!

Moto-Sac saddle drybag system (3x 10lt drybags on a horseshoe soft rack)

I’m just putting in a short review with a conclusion to be given after I really test this design in the mountains for 3wks and touring for another 3-5weeks after that in Canada/USA Rockies.

The brand is not really well known, but I was willing to try them out for roughly $300NZD. The price is great, and the design looked simple and watertight. I’ve only used them on 2 light rides so far, but they are easy to assemble and have a very good build quality. I really like being able to run one tail bag, or two side bags only. Most likely I will run 2 side bags and then a larger drybag on the tail. Incidentally moto-sac offers a separate 32lt drybag you could do this with, but i will be using my own 35lt drybag backpack that will strap into the horseshoe soft rack. The ‘rack’ is simple a very durable horseshoe design meant to go over your bike’s tail and down the sides behind your legs. It’s not noticeable at all, but you do need to find a decent tie down point to loop and tighten the webbing around. My STEGZ PEGZ are an ideal tie-down point. Each bag weaves its webbing on the top and bottom of the bag through heavy duty webbing loops on the horseshoe (making 4 anchor points). It’s not an instant don/doff, but it’s pretty quick and very simple. easy to repair if anything ever broke (stitching) which is unlikely.

I will add more in the spring after putting the bags through some serious enduro/adv riding but so far I’m impressed at the value and durability for the money. The link below is for a UK ebay dealer but you can find them from Western Australia as I did, also on ebay.com.au

Moto-Sac soft luggage system

2 thoughts on “Moto-Sac saddle drybag system (3x 10lt drybags on a horseshoe soft rack)

1. @octopusenvy I like the look of these. Now that a respectable period of time has passed, do you still have favourable things to say about these saddle bags?
    Cheers.

2. Hi, did the company in WA send the bags outside of Australia? I’ve seen them on ebay but it looked like they don’t ship overseas. Thanks.

Leave a Reply