New Beta Dual Sport Models for 2015

Forums Forums Bikes Beta New Beta Dual Sport Models for 2015

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Removed User 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Beta are releasing 3 new models for 2015, although I’ve not seen anything to indicate they are coming to NZ.

All 3 models are ‘trail bikes with a plate’, essentially plated enduro machines and come in 390, 430 and 500cc capacities. With an oil capacity of 800mls for the motor and a separate 800mls for the gearbox I don’t think you will be adventuring far between oil changes.

Beta RS models continue to lead the “Dirt Bike with a Plate” category offering more off road ability than the competition by offering the same engine, frame, and suspension (including linkage) package as the Beta Off Road RR models. The list of differences between the RR and RS is very short.

Class-Leading Voyager GPS units are standard on all RS models and features GPS system, MPH, tachometer, engine coolant temperature, compass, outside temperature, trip meter, maps, as well as a external SD card for uploading and downloading your adventures.

All RS models come standard with the Trail Tech Voyager GPS

RS models are fitted with cooling fan kits for the extreme Dual Sport conditions. The fan keeps engine temps down while going across the Mojave or plowing the silt beds of Baja. Other included features are aggressive Michelin Enduro tires that are designed for 90% off road and 10% on road.

Beta 390RS

Engine
    Type: Beta-Built single cylinder, 4-valve, 4-stroke liquid cooled, electric start with back up kick starter and cooling fan kit.
    Displacement: 386cc
    Transmission: 6-speed
    Seat Height: 36.6”
    Ground Clearance: 12.6”
    Dry Weight: 243 lbs. dry
    Electrical: Trail Tech Voyager GPS unit.
    Fuel Tank Capacity: 2 US gallons
    Front/Rear Rim: 21” (Front) 18” (Rear)

Beta 430RS-
    Type: Beta-Built single cylinder, 4-valve, 4-stroke liquid cooled, electric start with back up kick starter and cooling fan kit.
    Displacement: 431 cc
    Ground Clearance: 2.6”
    Dry Weight: 246 lbs. dry

Beta 500RS
    Displacement: 478cc
    Ground Clearance: 12.6”
    Dry Weight:244 lbs. dry

Removed User

Bought a 2005 Beta 450RR with a 540cc inside it! FMF pipe, full road kit and an extra set of 21 inch fronts and 18 rears with cush hub! 60 hours on the clock. With the Kea trailer I bought this morning, trail rides beckon….
    In the Waikato and south there are a huge amount….
    Missed it and looking forward to exploring all of those farmers’ land…

Hadrian Haine
    Participant
    • Bike: 08 Husaberg FE 450 and a classic 86 Honda XLR250R

I not familiar with this make but i do like the looks and the sales pitch. The500 weighs less than than the 430 and only 1pound more than the 390. Seat looks a bit like its a standing up bike… and the tanks a bit small but those things can be fixed.

Hadrian Haine
    Participant

Let us know what you think of it once you’ve done a few hours on it…
    Us it possible to register it for road use? If so are ya gona?

Removed User

<cite>@Facebook – hadge.haine1 said:</cite>
    Let us know what you think of it once you’ve done a few hours on it…
    Us it possible to register it for road use? If so are ya gona?

It is possible to road register. I will do it but first ride it.
    It can be vinned as there is a Beta agent here in NZ and has confirmed.
    As I have bikes already legal, this will be more the trail option but to have both would be a huge benefit.
    Small tank, granted. 9 litres, but that is fixable.

Removed User

<cite>@Mark Wareham said:</cite>
    It is possible to road register. I will do it but first ride it.
    It can be vinned as there is a Beta agent here in NZ and has confirmed.
    As I have bikes already legal, this will be more the trail option but to have both would be a huge benefit.
    Small tank, granted. 9 litres, but that is fixable.

Attachments:

Eddieb
    Keymaster

It certainly looks the business

Hadrian Haine
    Participant

Nice looking ride, i’m a roadable enduro bike kinda guy so it right up my alley. Enjoy it! And write a review once you’ve had some time on her.

Removed User

Was uplifted this morning from Dunedin. Should be on my trailer, on the way home Saturday evening.

Removed User

Picked up the Beta Sunday morning and spent the best part of five hours getting her kitted out for the road.
    All of the electrics work, the horn is in position, the front indicators are now on the headlight shroud. The rear indicators are in place but will need a little tweaking as the connectors are a different size to the standard.
    Everything works, the speedo is a little iffy at present, might be a pick up on the sensor.
    The rallye buttons cannot be fitted as it is for a standard 7/8 bar and I have fat bars…

I cleaned her, groomed her and went for a ride up and down the road.
    It is too noisey, way way too noisey. It has a FMF pipe on it and full exhaust. This will come off and the standard one fitted as this is brand new never been used. It is compliant.

The spare wheels are KTM, front and rear. I will get the bearings done on the rear as it is scratchy. The front is good. I gave these a good clean and the benefit of these is I have a rear with a cush drive.
    One thing I have noticed is it is powerful! 540cc…..

Now, can she be vinned? I seem to think so as the Beta distributor has done bikes in the past and Beta is in the LTSA system.
    I guess I have to get the brake declaration done, pay the money and go for it!
    I have budgeted approx $500-800 so we will see.

I am impressed though, everything does as it should .

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Does the pipe need repacking?

Removed User

Possibly….I know for a fact that it aint legal, so might ask, find out and if not within the 80 decibel range at blah blah rpms, swap the whole system over….There is a big bloody hole there though..

Removed User

Dedicated off road machine that is ABLE to be road legal. I spent time getting it all ready but then have decided due to the lack of a decent fuel range, it would be a waste of money. This is going to be a trail bike, along with the trailer and my lack of skill-set, I am going to try and ride off road once again!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.