Husaberg Pre 09's straight up rock

Forums Forums Bikes Husaberg Husaberg Pre 09's straight up rock

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hadge Haine 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hadge Haine
    Participant
    • Bike : 08 Husaberg FE 450 and a classic 86 Honda XLR250R

So u will soon be jouning the few that ride blue and gold! I am counting down that days till my 08 fe 450 arrives. I as so excited! Its a trade at a shop and the sales people didn’t know much about it so they put me on to the original owner. If they hadn’t i may have not bought it but once i foud out the the old owner was a motorcycle technician and of all the work already done too it and it service history… well i couldn’t say no! So i have a 08 road legal fe 450 on it way to me!

Profile photo of Eddieb
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike : DR650,

Nice! post pics as soon as you get it.

Hadge Haine
    Participant

Here is a prelim photo off the ad she also comes with a new set of all blue plastics, but i will post more later pluss some of the mods… i expect the bike to be waiting from me when i get home from work Monday or Tuesday

Hadge Haine
    Participant

So my fe arrived in the Bike Trans Van a few week back and my first attempt at putting up and down the driveway resulted in this smile

Hadge Haine
    Participant

So it arrived with new Michelin Enduro competition tyres fitted the MS up front which if i can get to ballance seems like a nice tyre but the rear is the Enduro Comp 111 a very aggressive knob that i, coupled with the amazing throttle response, am having trouble finding traction on hard pavement. And in less than 200km is showing lots of wear.
    The hours were at the time of arrival 77hours and the odo sat at 2776, it has the been fitted with larger exhaust valves and stronger valve spring. Has the Rekluse Z Start pro clutch, and the egine was rebuilt at 70hours, after the weep hole was leaked and the water pump seal failure was mistaken for a blown head gasket. So has a fresh top end.
    There are a few things i need to do (other than learning that the throttle is the same as a 30year old honda 250) as eluded to above the front wheel needs ballancing, the suspension needs tuning to my waight, and i will be doing some electric mods adding a key ignition, charge ports and a remote gps security tracker.

Hadge Haine
    Participant

Trail tech vapor fitted, and two xX water proof USB charge ports, water cigarette lighter port, and a volt meter fitted. As well as a key ignition. I used the surplus trail tech mount as I bought the aluminum mount and dash surrond

Hadge Haine
    Participant

Added some spoke skins, and some more stickers.

Hadge Haine
    Participant

I also added some exhaust rap and silicon baking tray to protect my luggage.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.