Site Objective, Visitor Statistics and Registered Member count

Forums Forums General Discussion Site Stuff Site Objective, Visitor Statistics and Registered Member count

This topic contains 57 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Claasen 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike : Suzuki DR650 ADV

Member count
    240 – April 10th
    300 – July 6th
    357 – October 2nd

GPS Track Download Stats, as at 02/10/2014 : 10am
    Last 24 Hours – 7
    Last 7 Days – 13
    Last 30 Days – 163
    All Time (Only tracked since April 2014) – 525

We’ve been growing steadily over the past 6 months but for the site to really flourish and grow it needs your input. 350 people is more than enough to have an active community.

The idea behind Adventure Riding NZ was to create a dedicated Adv community in NZ, sharing info and knowledge in ways that are not possible in other forums, and especially share all those great tracks there are to ride, many of which are only discovered through local knowledge.

The first part of that was for me to share all the tracks I’ve ridden over the past 5 years I’ve been adv riding, and they are now all up on the site bar 1 or 2, but there’s so much more out there that you guys (and gals) and all riding.

Anyone can organise a ride through the site, it’s not just for me to lead the way and I can’t be all over the country doing it. When you’ve been for a ride tell us about it and share we you went so others can find out about it and go there too. I will be regualrly be doing it in the Waikato now though and I have some ideas for weekend events early next year for all.

If you have a GPS track of your ride send it to me, I can clean it up and do everything needed to display it on the site, and you will get credited for it.

I can see from the membership numbers, download stats and the daily site visits that people are getting value from the site, but if no one is putting back in the site will stagnate and it won’t be worth my contining with it and donating the $100 plus time is takes to keep it operational each month, so share your tracks, post in the forums, organise rides and events, make a community for all NZ adventure riders.

Thanks

Eddie

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Wow, someone has been busy overnight

Eddieb
    Keymaster

The members count has increased quite a bit this month and a new record for downloads within a 24 hour period was set today so it’s a good time to update the numbers

Member count
    240 – April 10th 2014
    300 – July 6th 2014
    357 – October 2nd 2014
    390 – October 27th 2014

GPS Track Download Stats, as at 27/10/2014 : 7pm

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Woohoo! Today we hit 400 registered members!

Member count
    240 – April 10th 2014
    300 – July 6th 2014
    357 – October 2nd 2014
    390 – October 27th 2014
    400 – November 11th 2014

GPS Track Download Stats, as at 11/11/2014 : 11:15am

Eddieb
    Keymaster

As well as our member count regularly increasing http://www.AdventureRidingnz.co.nz is getting a good number of visits each month, here are the stats to back it up.

July 2014

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Member count
    240 – April 10th 2014
    300 – July 6th 2014
    357 – October 2nd 2014
    390 – October 27th 2014
    400 – November 11th 2014
    415 – November 27th 2014

GPS Track Download Stats, as at 27/11/2014 : 9:45pm

awa355
    Participant
    • Bike :

I do hope this website succeeds. Next year (May) I will be able to upgrade and get back onto a dual purpose bike. Until then I will just do my own thing and keep an eye on this site.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@oldone said:
    I do hope this website succeeds. Next year (May) I will be able to upgrade and get back onto a dual purpose bike. Until then I will just do my own thing and keep an eye on this site.

Thanks Awa355, it’s all down to people posting in the forums and using the site. Heaps of people are downloading the tracks and with 430 registered members here on the website and another 200-300 followers on Facebook there’s plenty enough to have meaningful conversations going and a great local community.

If people post and the site seems active then more people post, but if no-one posts then no-one else does either so feel free to share your ride reports and pics, it looks like you are doing pretty well on the scooter as it is.

glitch_oz
    Participant

Hi Ed

I hear you loud and clear here.
    It’s the same for every forum/ group/club/ etc out there….and always has been.
    There are always one or two that keep pushing things forward for the 100 “sleepers” that are happy to take any benefit coming along, are the first ones to moan and whinge, but the last (if ever!) to contribute anything (anything of real value that is, forget the often considerable volumes of empty fluff + waffle.

AusTouring had swollen to nearly 1800 “members” a few years ago and was starting to gather critical mass, attracting a dozen or more sign-ups a day while steering away from its core intent and values, getting increasingly drowned in insubstantial junk posts and politics.
    Down to around the 300 mark now, we were lucky to have seen things early enough and hang onto the active core of around 50-70 members that have been carrying the place since day 1 (not all the same folks, but many of them, plus newbies of the same ilk attracted by the substance of the place).

Numbers don’t mean anything….just look at KB or ADVrider.

You’ve got something good here…keep it small and content-rich, the rest will bugger off to FB/Twitter anyway.

Thumbs up!

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@glitch_oz said:

You’ve got something good here…keep it small and content-rich, the rest will bugger off to FB/Twitter anyway.

Thumbs up!

Cheers Glitch. Austouring.com was part of my inspiration to set something up myself.

Member numbers are continuing to steadily rise since I started keeping track of them.

Member count
    240 – April 10th 2014
    300 – July 6th 2014
    357 – October 2nd 2014
    390 – October 27th 2014
    400 – November 11th 2014
    415 – November 27th 2014
    452 – December 22nd 2014

Downloads of Service and Owners Manuals have proven to be popular since I added them, especially for the DR650.

glitch_oz
    Participant

<cite>@eddieb said:</cite>
    Cheers Glitch. Austouring.com was part of my inspiration to set something up myself.

Good to see the progress there…and tks for the flowers 🙂

Hadrian Haine
    Participant
    • Bike : 08 Husaberg FE 450 and a classic 86 Honda XLR250R

Great work man over 450 members. I have a new divice at last so will be taking part on here more not jyst on the fb page now. Keep it up you rock. Thank from all of us we appreciate your hard work!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.