Suzuki DR header welds – DRZ250 – DRZ400 – DR650

Forums Forums Bikes Suzuki Suzuki DR header welds – DRZ250 – DRZ400 – DR650

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

The DR650 is well known for having crap header welds where the flange that bolts to the head is welded to the header pipe. On my DR650 I took off about 3mm all the way round and that still left 2mm in place.

Today I had to replace the Cam Chain Tensioner gasket on Jennifer’s DR250 Djebel, (Which is for sale) so I pulled the header off the 250 and found the 250 is exactly the same as the DR650.

I managed to take the lumps on each side out but ran out of grinding discs for my dremel.

So if the DR 250 is like this then I imagine the DRZ 400 is most likely to as well.

Badjelly
    Participant

Nice job.

Did it make a noticeable difference?

Eddieb
    Keymaster

On the 650 I did multiple mods at once so couldn’t tell. I haven’t ridden the 250 yet.

roleyrev
    Participant

I did my DRZ250 offroad machine. It made a difference – not as mush as the subsiquent air box and DynoJet rejetting of the carb did.

Has the DJebel a CV carb or a slider carb? I can recomend the jet kit to liven the perfomance somewhat.

I will be looking at MY DRZ400’s pipe shortly

Eddieb
    Keymaster

We actually just sold the Djebel, it had a slider carb.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.