Wairarapa beyond the Gravel intermediate training

Forums Forums General Discussion Chit Chat Wairarapa beyond the Gravel intermediate training

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  billingtond 3 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

billingtond
    Participant

Wairarapa beyond the Gravel intermediate
    training
    The basic day went well i have had a number of adventure rides contact me asking if i can run something above the basic course. Even a group from Auckland is considering a weekend. Any way back to the question. The answer is yes, however be warned intermediate will be an intermediate course, what does this mean. Well i will be making an assumption that you can do all the basic handling stuff that the basic course covers. The training day will be tailored to adventure bikes 650 or over, with tyres that are suitable for off road terrain. (Mud based tyres)

As a starter i will kick off in the training paddock just to see what skill levels the riders are at (sometimes the paddock is a good grounding platform to remind us of our true ability than perceived) from there depending on the group’s feedback we will head out to the “play areas” where we will cover, river bed, river crossings and sand, once we have completed that next step will be the off road tracks which will include tricky mud climbs, grasses tracks and some bush bashing. Depending on how that goes we will head to another area to ramp up the River bed/ sand work and crossings, which will include some steep bank/hill climbs and descents.

The day will kick off at 10 starting at Greytown and will end about 3 ist, by this time you will be starting to get fatigued. The day is not about covering huge Ks it’s about practice, practice and building on the basic adventure riding skills.

If your interested post me via the Adventure Riding Website or Facebook. We will see what dates we can jack up.

Cheers

Dave

billingtond
    Participant

Beyond the Gravel intermediate training

The basic day went well i have had a number of adventure rides contact me asking if i can run something above the basic course. Even a group from Auckland is considering a weekend. Any way back to the question. The answer is yes, however be warned intermediate will be an intermediate course, what does this mean. Well i will be making an assumption that you can do all the basic handling that the basic course covers. The training day will be tailored to adventure bikes 650 or over, with tyres that are suitable for off road terrain. (Mud based tyres)

As a starter i will kick off in the training paddock just to see what skill levels the riders are at (sometimes the paddock is a good grounding platform to remind us of our true ability than perceived) from there depending on the group’s feedback we will head out to the “play areas” where we will cover, river bed, river crossings and sand, once we have completed that next step will be the off road tracks which will include tricky mud climbs, grasses tracks and some bush bashing. Depending on how that goes we will head to another area to ramp up the River bed/ sand work and crossings, which will include some steep bank/hill climbs and descents.

The day will kick off at 10 starting at Greytown and will end about 3 ist, by this time you will be be starting to get fatigued. The day is not about covering huge Ks it’s about practice and building on the basic adventure riding skills.

If your interested post me via the Adventure Riding Website or Facebook. Dates are planned for either 26/27 August Saturday/Sunday

Pls note maximum 6 riders so if you want in e mail me on [email protected]

Cheers

Dave

Mario Gregor
    Participant
    • Bike : BMW R2100GS 2006

HI I would definitely be keen on the Sunday 27th,
    I already put it in my calendar just in case! So I remember.
    Hopefully I will manage with rear tkc80

billingtond
    Participant

Hi Mario, can you make the 26th cheers Dave

billingtond
    Participant

Hi all training day full set for 26 August cheers Dave

Mario Gregor
    Participant
    • Bike : BMW R2100GS 2006

Hi naah, got clients booked for Saturday unfortunately. Just as it is for me. next time 😉

billingtond
    Participant

Some footage of the training paddock and training area

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.