Wellington – Wairarapa Rides

Forums Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Wellington – Wairarapa Rides

This topic contains 85 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 6 days, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 86 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Hans Claus
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW R1150GS

Hi. Thanks Viferpilot for the suggestions. So far I have permission to go over Castlehill station. Normally there is no access so it must be a case by case situation. Don’t know the situation after Herbertville so will knock on a farmers door. I will let you know later how I got on to Napier. Cheers Hans.

billingtond
    Participant

Heading out for a ride this Friday if anyone is interested some gravel and tracks in the wairarapa

Hans Claus
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW R1150GS

Hi if you want to join in you are more than welcome. My plan is to go from Martinborough to Hinakura, Admiral rd to Gladstone. From there Te Wharau, Homewood, Riversdale beach to Whareama, Otahome rd and Castlepoint station to Mataikona. Pack Spur to Tinui and Annedale rd to Tiraumea. From there on I will be heading North, Okitio, Herbertville to Porangahau etc. to Napier. If anyone else is interested you have to let me know as so far I have only permission for myself to cross Castlepoint station. I will be in Martinborough at 8 in the morning. Will be a big day for me. If you want leave a text on 0279 372 526. Cheers Hans.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

andy mac
    Participant

Me, GT, Box.a.Bits

billingtond
    Participant

Hi all posted a few posts on Face Book tracks around the Wairarapa area Featherson, Greytown and Lake Ferry so the Wellington Adventure Riders get an opportunity for a quick blast over the hill and straight into the gravel, Plan on doing a ride this Monday that being tomorrow. My bike is a F800GS been used and has knobblies, looking at doing Haurangi Road then into Sutherlands Hut. The road will present no issues looks like gravel on the map, however I have not done the tack into Sutherlands Hut, any rider out there that have done the track, if so what is it like, I’ll poke my BMW front fender in and give it a go. Cheers Dave

Unhingedlizard
    Participant

Did you end up doing this?

Ive been to Sutherlands a couple of times. its one of my current favourite due to a couple of technical bits

billingtond
    Participant

hi no did not manage to muster another rider would like to do the track however not on my own in case of a spill cheers david

Mario Gregor
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW R2100GS 2006

Anyone keen for a ride next Sunday 18th June? Maybe to that Sutherlands Hut ? I got 1200 GS, keen to do some gravel let me know.
    0211186287 Mario

Box.a.Bits
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW Supertanker, R80 & Velorex Sidecar, Gilera Runner ST200

Very possibly. I was supposed to be out today, but got caught out with a duff wheel bearing (I thought I had spares & realised after the bearing shop closed that I’d already used them).

I’ve been hanging out for a ride for a while, & a more technical one would be better than a long day ride.

Been a wee while since I’ve been in there…

bassman
    Participant
    • Bike: Triumph Tiger XCx

Would be keen if I can get the time off work.Last time I rode through there I was on a mighty z440 in the company of an ex cop bike and some cb360s.I think I posted a photo on here once sometime ago

Mario Gregor
    Participant

sounds like the plan, ๐Ÿ˜‰ yeah send me a text if you guys coming,
    would depart 9am from Caltex Rimutakas (above upper hutt) if I am going on my own I might not go haha too scared ;))

CR650
    Participant
    • Bike: DR650 and DL650

Hi Mario. Also keen to tag along. Regards Chris.

Mario Gregor
    Participant

@cr650 @bassman @stephen-clark, cool so hopefully weather holds up for us to have a fun day.
    I have emailed Todd at Motomart to see if he could re-email my message to his list of adventure riders to see if we can get a bigger group together, not sure if he will do so but yeah should be fun nevertheless ๐Ÿ˜‰ Looking forward to it

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.