Yamaha T7, new FZ-7/MT-07 based adventure bike?

Forums Forums Bikes Yamaha Yamaha T7, new FZ-7/MT-07 based adventure bike?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Brainflex 4 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Keith Fenwick
    Participant

I might be tempted myself. I want to go riding in the South Island next year and this might be the beast to do it on

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Spy shots have emerged of the T7 in road testing, however the bodywork is shrouded so it is hidden.

Motorcyclenews.com make a pile of speculation of the T7 based on the pics that you can read about here: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2017/july/spy-shots-yamaha-mt07-adventure-bike/.

Mark Claasen
    Participant
    • Bike: 1200GSA KLR650NE WR450 RMX250, DR750,

It looks reasonably light and with that engine its going to be a corker, Maybe a KLR replacement ?

Eddieb
    Keymaster

We’ll wait and see but so far I’m not convinced. It’s a lot bigger than I expected.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Before Yamaha based it’s MT series model names on the motors capacity the MT03 which is now powered by a 320cc parallel twin was actually a single cylinder 660 model which used the 660 Tenere motor.

Personally I think this is the sort of thing I would like to see manufacturers put a small-mid range twin into like the 685/655 in LAMS spec Yamaha parallel twin. A no frills back to basics setup with a light stock weight that can be customised to suit the owner.

Unfortunately this exact design probably wouldn’t work with a twin due to the rear short mounting location but I’m sure the manufacturers could come up with some good designs.

Brainflex
    Participant
    • Bike: CT110, Husky TE 250, DRZ250

Sub 600cc twin for me. Cheaper rego and enough get up n go to be fun.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.