Topic: Young man seriously injured in motocross bike crash on Muriwai Beach | | Adventure Riding NZ

Young man seriously injured in motocross bike crash on Muriwai Beach

Forums Forums General Discussion News Young man seriously injured in motocross bike crash on Muriwai Beach

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kacy46 Kacy46 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eddieb
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike : Highly modified Suzuki DR650

More mx riders being muppets, which is why the rest of us now have to apply for permits to ride Muriwai and Kariotahi beaches.

A young man has been seriously injured after a high-speed motocross bike crash.

Two bikes collided at 80kmh on Muriwai Beach, northwest Auckland, on Sunday. The speed limit varies between 30kmh and 60kmh on the beach and drivers must have a permit.

Emergency services rushed to the scene about 7.35pm. The Auckland Westpac Rescue Helicopter had originally flown to the beach in search of a missing swimmer but was diverted to the crash.

The 18-year-old man had suffered a pelvic injury and compound arm fracture and was flown to Auckland City Hospital in a serious condition.

From: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/89833882/young-man-seriously-injured-in-motocross-bike-crash-in-aucklands-muriwai

Profile photo of Kacy46
    Kacy46
    Participant

Hey as usual media are reporting ffalse info once again. Only one rrider was going about 60km, the mMuppet who slammed into my son’s bbike. My son’s bike was in 1st ggear and nearly stopped, the other guy speeding couldn’t stop iin time. My boys have been riding ffor yrs at muriwai no problem. Llucky not more serious but not bboth riders were speeding only oone. c

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.