fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Gravel Geezers Big Bike Ride 2015 Reply To: Gravel Geezers Big Bike Ride 2015

Michael J Breen
Participant

I pulled in on the way along this road and shot some video as the team passed by as well as a few shots of some of the bikes on the road.

Rob on his Honda Africa Twin
Rob on his Honda Africa Twin
Russell on his KTM Adventure R
Russell on his KTM Adventure R
Camilla was riding well on the little Yamaha XT250
Camilla was riding well on the little Yamaha XT250

We stopped to regroup at a Tee intersection and after a wee chat, Kel and Michael headed off down the hill toward the water to see what the road was like and whether it might be an interesting option. I hooked a left up a short rise to see what was there but it was only a small quarry so I rode around its base then headed off to see if I could catch Kel and Michael.

Michael and his brand new WR250R
Michael and his brand new WR250R
Kel, on his Africa Twin,  eyes up the totem
Kel, on his Africa Twin, eyes up the totem

This bit of road offered more traction and I was giving the Ducati the welly. It did spin up pretty easily but that just made things more exciting as the back stepped out and drifted a little around corners. My suspension was not quite dirt bike but with the long travel on the Hypermotard SP; it was pretty damn good. A wide grin fixed itself across my face and that was to stay for the rest of the day!

From the left: Ducati Hypermotard SP, Yamaha XT250, KTM 1190 Adv R,  Honda Africa Twin and in the background two more AFrica Twins!
From the left: Ducati Hypermotard SP, Yamaha XT250, KTM 1190 Adv R,
Honda Africa Twin and in the background two more AFrica Twins!