No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports NZ Motorcycle Show 2017 – 16-17th September Reply To: NZ Motorcycle Show 2017 – 16-17th September

Eddieb
Keymaster
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Motomail had a BMW 1200GS setup with some serious looking Kreiga luggage

Carbon Garage had a very tidy R80G/S on their stand, for sale for around $10k I think.

The Enfield Himalayan had a very comfy gel seat and also good ergonomics for me. I’m quite keen to test ride one of these. The smaller Himalayan motor apparently goes quite a lot better than the 500 in the road models, and at 410cc it’s cheaper rego than a DR650 or KLR650.

Not an adventure bike but I’d love a Kawasaki GT550 as I used to have one as a London Courier bike. This is the 750 which is mostly the same but the 750 is about 10-15cm longer at the tank, and doesn’t really go any faster.

Round the World rider Chantal Simons was working on the Honda stand and came by to have a chat, she’s a very inspiring lady and is keen to inspire other women.

Chantal rode around Australia and wrote a book about her travels which you can buy as an e-book on Amazon Kindle or Kobo.

Chantal also rode a Yamaha XT250 from Australia to Holland and you can read about that on her blog, Chick On The Chook Chaser.