Reply To: Eddie's random adventures and DR650 build thread

Forums Forums Bikes Suzuki Eddie's random adventures and DR650 build thread Reply To: Eddie's random adventures and DR650 build thread

Eddieb
Keymaster
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Another impromptu ride, I thought I was going to be too tired to get out today but a bit after 10am I headed out to see how I’d go.

As it turned out once I’d been out a while the brain switched on and things were going well. First stop was ‘The Nest’ cafe in Pirongia for a snack. Seeing as it was a nice day the cafe was busy and @airborne_arms_co was flat out on the coffee machine.

Next stop was Kawhia, just via the main road which is still a great ride out there. The town was quiet and I sat in the sun on the wharf for a while soaking it in.

From Raglan I headed up the Kawhia to Raglan Road, the gravel was in good condition on the southern half of the road at least. The tide was out and the views were good, I spotted a Aprilia Capanord heading South towards Kawhia on the way through, not a common bike in NZ.

Into Raglan for an ice cream and this UK reg Tenere pulled up ridden by a lady. She had gone walkabout so I didn’t get to talk to her so I left an ADVNZ card on her bike which looked very well travelled.