No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Auckland Rides Reply To: Auckland Rides

Daniel Fisher
Participant
  • Bike: DRZ 250

Did a Coromandel gravel tour with a few guys and a gal on the weekend. Great fun despite the rain that was meant to blow over! A few mishaps along the way between us all, In order: 1x dropped bike doing a u turn on soft road edge, 1x dropped bike on deep gravel, 1x Highside on wet road with cold knobblies, 2x counts of target fixation ending with bike in ditch, and 1 count of being a silly bugger riding up a steep track and nearly going bush! It ain’t called adventure riding for nothing πŸ˜€

Tapu-Coroglen Road: Good condition, road works near the end.

309 Road: Good condition. Seems to be more and more tar all the time πŸ™

Portjackson/Fletcher Bay Road: Pretty good condition, worsening towards Fletchers with exposed clay.

PortCharles Road: Bare in places, but base is hard so plenty of grip.

Stonybay Road: Some gnarlier gravel in places, and probably my favorite road of the trip.

Waikawau-Tuateawa Road: Some deep gravel and road works in places. I think the only time i felt the need to stand up for extended periods. Looks to be Tarsealing sections after little bay πŸ™

Victoria Steet: A very unassuming place and name for a gravel road. Good condition some larger chunkier bits near the end from being graded.

All in a bloody great weekend!!