No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Auckland Rides Reply To: Auckland Rides

Daniel Fisher
Participant
  • Bike: DRZ 250

Hey guys I’m doing a Westcoast (Raglan, Kawhia etc)and Taranaki tunnels ride Sat 24th-Mon 26th.

If it sounds like a bit of you and can get Mon off your welcome to come along 🙂

Ton(nell)s of Fun Waikato/Naki Gravel Adventure Ride

Saturday, Feb 24, 2018, 8:00 AM

Location details are available to members only.

3 Riders Attending

Join me on a Gravel/Tar/Tunnel adventure. Sat traveling the West Coast from AKL to Awakino. Then spend Sun scouting some of the Naki’s gems, to relax at the one and only Whangamomona Hotel. Then head off on Mon AKL bound. Sat: Following a GRAVEL path where we can down the west coast. Stay Awakino/Mokau 403Km Akl-Kawhia https://goo.gl/maps/f5AWNepkW

Check out this Meetup →

I don’t have much knowledge of the Naki other than SH43 itself, so the maps aren’t set in stone, and happy to be a sponge for any info you have or if the route could be improved 🙂 Second Day is Okau Tunnel, Kiwi Road (Tunnel), Moki Road (tunnel), Uruti Road Tunnel, Otaraoa Road Tunnel, Mangaopa Road Tunnel

Being eyeing a few paper roads in the area if i have time/gas. Anyone have knowledge of the Jury Road (101B Jury Rd, Te Wera 4392) and Mt Damper road (Mount Damper Rd, Tangarakau 4397) paper roads? I have confirmed both are public access via WAMS although that’s about all the info i can find.