No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Taranaki Tunnel Tour – 13th to 15th April 2018 Reply To: Taranaki Tunnel Tour – 13th to 15th April 2018

Box.a.Bits
Participant
  • Bike: BMW Supertanker, R80 & Velorex Sidecar, Gilera Runner ST200

Phil’s done a good job on his bike. Bigger budget; better access to fabricators; far more focussed in finish than me; further along towards his ‘ideal’. My G/S is at the very beginning of what I have planned – but that’ll have to wait for me to finish the sidecar project.

The forestry stuff was all public road. Just loads of pine needles, probably blown down from the storms that they have experienced, & a bit slippery on the sealed sections

Probably the same Kiwi Rd if you were riding the Naki. Yes, I did feel Kiwi Road had gone backwards towards a non maintained road status. But in part that perception may have been flvoured by not having the G/S as well set up ergonomically & suspension wise as Gus (which is better in the rough with longer legs / better rear suspension), it being wet, being tired & conscious of the big drop-offs giving a serious consequence if you got it wrong / bounced the wrong way.