No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Goodbye Summer/Fuck the black dog overnighter 2018 Reply To: Goodbye Summer/Fuck the black dog overnighter 2018

Eddieb
Keymaster
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Once set up 3 of us when for a ride up to the end of Okahu Road. There were a lot of washouts along the way and we met a guy who was here during the Edgecumbe floods last year, they had to be helicoptered out and their vehicles were trapped on Okahu Road for a month. I didn’t take any pictures but did have the GoPro running so will post some video later.

James has probably the coolest V-Strom I have ever seen in real life, it sounds good too.

@relaxed-rider made us all look like pussies with our prepackaged camping food while he cooked lamb chops and grilled capsicum over the fire.

The boys had thought I was weird for asking them to being firewood but they shut up once it got going. It was lucky we did as while there was plenty of deadfall it was all wet.

The next morning we all packed up and headed off. The Gisbourne boys and I ended up riding together towards Te Teko and @captaincol had mentioned the Aniwhenua Dam was worth a look so we stopped there briefly. The dam itself was nothing worth mentioning but the spot was pretty nice.

At Te Teko we parted ways and I caught up with friends who live there while the Gisbourne boys carried on taking the scenic route home.