No products in the cart.

enduro0627
Participant
  • Bike: 2014KLR650EE

Hi,
Based on my experience at the Adventure Riding NZ stand in 2017, I have a few questions and thoughts in my head what I would like to share with you.

I believe it would be a mistake not to take ourselves more seriously on this motorcycle show than last year. I don’t think anyone wants to go to the show only because we have nothing better to do.

The adventureridingnz.co.nz website already accomplished a lot of things. According to the footnote of the website, there are almost 3000 members. There are plenty GPX tracks for rides all around NZ. A fun project was for 2018 to create and ride a trail from Cape Reinga to Wellington and we are looking forward to the second part on the South Island, from Picton to Bluff. There is a huge knowledge base in the forums and if you just have 15-20 minutes to burn, there are many funny threads on the forums or photos to browse and dream about your next adventure or about getting into adventure riding.

I firmly believe, we need to have answers to the next questions before we are going to the 2018 motorcycle show:

– What Adventure Riding NZ wants to achieve in the long term? When I say long-term, I mean 10 years or so.

– What are we going to do in the 2018-2019 riding season, what will bring us closer to our long-term goal?

– How are we going to communicate this in an effective and measurable way on the motorcycle show? There is a big emphasis on “measurable”.

I would love to see this event pointing to the future and not dwelling on the past. We pulled together some stuff, we had weekend rides and a few long tours, what is great, but if we are going to do this like last year, that is much more like a museum or documentary of the past.

Andrew