No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat Welcome to the Forums. Reply To: Welcome to the Forums.

Eion
Participant
  • Bike: Triumph tiger Explorer

hi guys,

great to find a site dedicated to Adventure riding, I have owned a few bikes over the years from cruisers through to sport bikes (08 R1) to my last bike a honda st1300 touring bike. After going to thailand and riding a 2015 v-strom 650, two up from Chang mai over the mountain range (762 corners) to a place called Pai, I was sold on the duel purpose bike. Why? because some of the off road/goat tracks that we went on detour off road would not have been possible on my previous bikes one up let alone two up. So when we came back the mission was on to find myself a duel purpose bike. I rode the 2018 v-strom for a ride and found it a little light on the road for my liking, next I rode the 2018 Triumph tiger Explorer, for me this was the bike I would be looking at. After searching bike shops, trade me etc, I finally found A 2013 triumph tiger Explorer with good kms, Now just setting it up for a trip to the South Island over christmas time.
Info I need at the moment is what are the best tires for on road 90% off road 10%? Mitas E07s? who in Auckland sells them? any other ideas would be most helpfull.
thanks
Eion

Attachments: