fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Cold Kiwi 2018 Reply To: Cold Kiwi 2018

Eddieb
Keymaster

There were some interesting bikes there

Mix and match of a few different bikes

Powered by an early VFR750 motor

The amount of adventure bikes at the rally was impressive, no longer few and far between it seemed like every group had at least one adventure bike in it.

The new site comprises of a number of mostly flat tiers on a hill so there was plenty of places to put up a tent with the bar and food at the first level, Toilets a little up from that then 2 layers of camping. There’s now very strict rules around alcohol at the event with consumption limited to within the bar area and no BYO due to the events license conditions.

Unfortunately for me by early Saturday afternoon I had walked down to the bottom of the site and back up 3 times and due to how M.E/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome affects me it was easier for me to ride home than it was to stay there and have to walk down the hill and back up later on for dinner and the band etc so I packed upthe bike and road back to Hamilton enjoying the sun all the way.