- Town/City: Tauranga
- Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS
Triumph announced today there will be 2 models in the 1200 Scrambler line, the 1200 XE and 1200 XC.
Both models share the same 1200cc motor producing 89HP and 110NM of torque rolling on 17″ rear and 21″ front wheels however the XE is the more road orientated of the 2 with a slighty steeper steering angle, shorter swingarm and 200mm suspension travel which all equates to a lower seat height, while the XE is the full monty with 250mm suspension travel, a slightly longer swingarm for more stability at speed along with a slightly more relaxed steering angle, both models use Showa forks at the front and Ohlins at the back. Tank size is 19 litres.
Like most new bikes these days the 2 new 1200 scramblers come with a host of electronic features
- 6 riding modes, including Off-Road Pro on the XE
- Optimised cornering ABS and cornering traction control on the XE
- IMU and fully integrated technology system
- All LED lighting, including signature DRL headlight
- Intuitive switch cubes & 5-way joystick
- Illuminated backlit switches
- Torque-assist clutch
- Keyless ignition
- Cruise control
- USB charging socket
- Heated grips as standard on the XE and accessory fitted on the XC
- Integrated GoPro control system, Triumph’s first turn-by-turn navigation system and Bluetooth phone and music operation (all enabled by an accessory Bluetooth connectivity module)
Weight is at the sharp end of current big ADV bikes coming in at 205kg dry for the XC and 207kg dry for the XE.
These pics are all the Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC