fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Reply To: Slidecars in the Top of The South

Home Forums Sidecars Sidecar Rides & Events Slidecars in the Top of The South Reply To: Slidecars in the Top of The South

Box.a.Bits
Participant
  • Town/City: Wellington
  • Bike: BMW R80 G/S, R100GS & M72 Sidecar, Gilera Runner ST200

Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of humour:

The top fork leg that sent me home (because of damage) would not relinquish the oil seal & bushes without me attacking it with a Dremel. The brake disc bolts had effectively peened the seal in place.

The Valeo starter motor Wayne provided in Blenheim got me home – but no further. Tonight, after fixing the fork damage, I went to take the sidecar for a test ride. This is the first ride since coming off the ferry. I got as far as the top of the drive. I stopped to shut the garage door, & when I went to restart, the starter had died. I can smell burnt electrics. I suspect the magnets have won their battle with the epoxy that held them in place… Still, for a cup of coffee & a chocolate chip cookie, I’m not complaining. It did an excellent job.

This from MD:

After Steve returned we went to Takaka and stayed at The River Inn.

I stayed on the next day, the others headed for the boat after a detour to Caanan and a visit to The Pacific Motorcycle Company in Richmond.

Bill & Tony detoured over the Maungatapu Track.

Great ride & everyone should visit the Clarence Reserve.