Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Reply To: DR650. Aftermarket muffler and jets

Home Forums General Discussion Buy and Sell DR650. Aftermarket muffler and jets Reply To: DR650. Aftermarket muffler and jets

Tyre kicker
Participant

Thanks eddieb man. I will take those things into consideration. Firstly will rip out that snorkel thing and see what happens. Just wondering how much water ends up on the air filter if it gets a good drowning in rain or giving it a wash ! Assuming the snorkel is there to stop that from happening. Anyway, its getting the flick. I’m not scared of making modifications to things as I’ve owned countless bikes and machinery in the past and always changed things around to suit myself. Do they run a forked rocker off one lobb for the valves where you just adjust each valve individually ? Anyone ever had stuff happen with running two sparkplugs , was wondering if they fire at the same time or whether one is ahead of the other . Also is that weld inside the header quite restrictive ? Sounds like I might have to give it the hell grind ! Who does touring screens for these things ? Wouldnt mind one that looks semi okay. Any advise taken onboard.