fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Sidecars Sidecar Builds Box.a.bits R100GS / Velorex 562 sidecar build Reply To: Box.a.bits R100GS / Velorex 562 sidecar build

Box.a.Bits
Participant
  • Bike: BMW R80 G/S, R100GS & M72 Sidecar, Gilera Runner ST200

MAINTENANCE – 54,778 KMS – 03 May ’19:
Change the rear tyre to a Shinko 705 – another donated by EddieB. 7.5mm tread depth. The prior tyre did 2460 kms from 5.0mm tread depth – was still legal @2.00mm when I took it off.

MAINTENANCE – 55,386 KMS – 22 May ’19:
Oils:
Engine & Oil filter change. Left the gearbox & final drive oils.

Forks:
Swapped the RHS fork leg externals from the SX to EXC, but keep the damper assembly. This is primarily because that fork leg has started to leak & I needed to swap in new bushes & seals. By swapping the EXC leg I get seals that aren’t leaking. Cheap, but if it works…Fork oil is 600 mls of Spectro 5w, 100m air gap, 15 clicks out of rebound & compression.

Wheel bearings:
Changed the front wheel bearings (which was a complete pain). At some stage I’ll get John to spin up a spacer to replace the 16005 2RS bearing, which was what had started to fail. The other 2 are 6005 2RS’s, which I’ve packed with more grease to keep the water out. I’ve swapped in new ones because the old ones were so painful to remove I think I munted them.

Sidecar Wheel Bearings:
Felt some slop in them, so dropped some new ones in. I’ve packed these with extra grease. The bearings aren’t protected by external seals (just the internal rubber seals they come with).