fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Sidecars Sidecar Rides & Events 44th Cold Kiwi – 2019 Reply To: 44th Cold Kiwi – 2019

Box.a.Bits
Participant
  • Bike: BMW R80 G/S, R100GS & M72 Sidecar, Gilera Runner ST200

44th COLD KIWI – 2019. Part Two
Saturday was fine. Sausages & eggs for breakfast. I was supposed to go off site for a ride somewhere, but was somewhat lacking in energy. Not sure why.

MD returning from battle – for fire wood for the brazier…

Spent a bit of time talking with anyone interested in the relative merits of BMW repowered sidecars from Russia, Ukraine, & China. But that became pretty repetitive after a while, so I wandered away.

Caught up with Bart, & heard that the black DR650 shit the bed just outside Taihape. Looks like 3rd gear issues.

Rubber necked the bikes. A few photos of the ones I enjoyed.

Stolen from Barabara Lynsell’s farceboook page

Note I slipped a photo of the Honda sidecar into this picture. :rofl

Pensive George…

Dare I tell this guy he’s got his front guard on backwards?

Briefly watched the hill climb, but lost interest. Gave some of the other events a swerve. Did watch the burnouts for a bit. The hills formed a natural ampitheatre, so being able to see wasn’t an issue. Missed the supercharged Triumph, which I’ve subsequently seen in video from the day. Bit of a sleeper there…

Stolen from farce book for your entertainment..

Gavin’s R80. I need Hippo Hands too…

Kane & Jo’s R100. I may have an issue with Photographing BMWs. So sue me…

Dinner was a beautiful piece of Angus Ribeye steak (with actual veggies – well, onion & coleslaw) in a burger. I may be a Masterchef. Perfect

Saturday night’s band were not so great, so settled into a convivial night round the brazier with this crew. There may have been rum involved.