Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Reply To: How to be safe when riding in remote area’s

Home Forums Riding Riding Skills & Safety How to be safe when riding in remote area’s Reply To: How to be safe when riding in remote area’s

billnben
Participant
  • Town/City: Hamilton
  • Bike: Yam XT250, DR650, Bonny 900, MG-V7

Hi Nelson,

I really like the look of that MX hauler kit. Looks like it lifts the bike well clear so you don’t get grounding when going up steep ramps. The one I used is the Slipstream, which looks like what Peter has. With a custom 2″ towbar on the Bongo it ended up quite low on the ground. Seen here with my previous high-powered Honda XR150.

I am going to try the Motolug collapsible trailer as an alternative while I still have the small van. According the the promo material it can be dismantled and put inside the van while one goes off on the trail to minimise risk of it being “liberated”. Will report when I have been able to try this. Will keep the slipstream carrier for now in case I upgrade to a big motorhome.

Also thanks for the tip about the KTI equipment. Will look into that. I believe you are right about the subscription with Garmin that only gives you a certain number of texts.

Cheers

Bill