Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Reply To: Welcome to the Forums.

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat Welcome to the Forums. Reply To: Welcome to the Forums.

William
Participant
  • Bike: 2008 R1200GS

Hi all, I joined a short while ago and thought that it is about time I introduced myself.

I am new to adv style riding. I have been sans bike for around 10 years (kids etc) and probably 15 to 20 years since I was on the dirt side of things. So, I made the smart(?) move and purchased a 2008 R1200GS to get me back on the saddle. I am a bit rusty but will get out when I can to loosen up the old skills (if they still exist!).

Been up Mt Dick just out of Carterton to see if I can keep the bike upright while off of the tarmac, so far so good. Did a Wairarapa (home), Foxton, Paremata loop yesterday to get used to some higher mileage.. sore sore arse at the end!!!

Keen on some interesting rides but not always a lot of free time – location suggestions welcome. Is the pylon track still rideable just south of Featherston?

W