Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Reply To: Welcome to the Forums.

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat Welcome to the Forums. Reply To: Welcome to the Forums.

Sandra Thomson
Participant
  • Town/City: Opotiki
  • Bike: V-strom DL650A (me); BMW F650 GS (husband\'s)

Hi all – to introduce myself
After coming to grips with riding farm bikes and being a pillion on bigger bikes, I progressed to my own TTR250 traveling all over the North Island with my husband on his FJ1200 pack-horse. We even completed a couple of adventure rides over in the Coromandel (off-road & 2-up on TTR) & Far North (both bikes). All that was several years (& children & cows) ago!

The TTR250 wasn’t going to last me long so I became the proud owner of my DR650, traveling from the NI to south as far as Timaru, completing the Molesworth, Rainbow Station and any other road to see where it went. All that was also a number of years ago as we decided to downsize to live in a bus. Sadly only had room for 1 bike BMW F650GS – which my husband rides.

We now live in Opotiki part of the Sunny Eastern Bay of Plenty and once again have room for a 2nd bike :). So, having recently purchased my DL650A v-strom, I’m once again back in my own saddle but a little rusty. The v-strom is definitely different from the DR! We’ve been getting some kitted-up practise in for me as we’re about to head off for a 2-3 week trip. I figure it’ll either make or break me as the 1st part will be the Waikaremoana road. Wish me luck hahahha