Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Reply To: Eddie’s adventures and DR650 build thread

Home Forums Bikes Suzuki Eddie’s adventures and DR650 build thread Reply To: Eddie’s adventures and DR650 build thread

Eddieb
Keymaster
  • Town/City: Tauranga
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

So I don’t really want to do this but needs must, The Adventure Riding NZ DR650 is for sale.

53250 km’s
Reg on hold, no WOF as it’s been parked up for 4 months. Will need a rear tyre for the wof, I have a legal tyre here you can have if you want it. Front tyre is almost new.
Lots of mods:
Front forks: resprung and emulators fitted in 2020.
Rear shock: resprung in 2020 and revalved.
Aftermarket handlebars on 20mm bar risers.
Zeta lever guards with bar end spacers so that the lever ends don’t foul on the guards.
Braided front brake line.
30 Litre Safari tank.
Keihin FCR39 flat slide carb with airbox about 1/4 opened.
Custom PhreakyPhil mid pipe with DL1000 exhaust.
B&B bashplate.
High Compression piston.
Russell ‘Daylong’ seat, 6cm longer than stock and couch level padding for both rider and pillion.
PhreakyPhil Custom made rear rack to accommodate the longer seat, with custom pannier racks.
Frame guards.
Footpeg lowering brackets.
Header weld mod done.
Battery is good, after 4 months sitting it fired up no problem.

Personalised plate not included.

Has been dyno’d at 42hp at the rear wheel but has been set up for low end and midrange, it is a DR after all.

Comes with a pile of bits including the original tank and plastic surround, original exhaust, spare front sprockets, original piston, original handguards, original front and rear suspension springs and all sorts of other bits.

I would recommend viewing, it’s been ridden and is no show queen, it has a few scrapes and scratches. I’ve owned it for about 8 years.

$6750 gets it.

I would potentially consider part trade on a Honda Postie bike or vintage Suzuki 2 stroke like a RV125 or similar, BUT ONLY if it’s pre 1981 so on classic rego.

Photo’s to come.