Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Reply To: Yamaha Tenere 700 or Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin ?

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat Yamaha Tenere 700 or Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin ? Reply To: Yamaha Tenere 700 or Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin ?

Eddieb
Keymaster
  • Town/City: Tauranga
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

@timrum said:
G’day everyone. I’m in the market for a new adventure bike. I was planning on purchasing a Tenere 700 until my better half said that she also wants to join me on a ride every so often. Now I’ve changed my planning more towards a 2021 Africa Twin. Now I know the bikes are different in engine size and the Tenere is a better off road machine. Purchase price is also different.

I have not ridden adventure bikes in NZ before, so would like a bit of feedback on which bike would suit my situation better.I have a on and off road background. I plan on doing trips through the North and South Island and will probably only have a pillion 15% of the time.

Cheers
Tim

Welcome Tim

Does the better half get any input into rear seat comfort? as that sounds like the deciding factor. It sounds like you both might need to go to the shops and sit on both to make the call.

If it was just you I’d say the T7 given your riding background.