No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports 2016 Adventure Riding NZ Central Plateau "Not a Rally" weekend

This topic contains 31 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Box.a.Bits 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Planning has started on the Central Plateau “Not a rally” weekend for 2016.

DATE IS CONFIRMED: February 19th 20th, 21st 2016!

As with the 2015 event this will be a weekend of Central Plateau tracks including the famous 42nd Traverse, Fishers Track and Hikumutu Road, Pokaka Mill Campsite, Old Whangamomona Road and hopefully Aotuhia Station if we can still get access.

Accomodation will again be at the Taumaranui Holiday Park where 4 and 5 berth cabins are available along with a few other options, these usually work out at about $25 per person if all 4 beds in the cabin are filled, there are also twin and double cabins. Book your own cabin/bunks amongst yourselves.

The Taumaranui Holiday Park is 4.5km South of Taumaranui on SH4. Taumaranui has a supermarket and takeaways etc are available, and the campground has all the usual basic kitchen amenities.

Meet at the Taumaranui Holiday Park Friday night for an 8:30am start Saturday morning at the BP 2GO besides McDonalds on SH4 at the North end of Taumaranui’s town centre.

RSVP on the event listing so we know who’s coming: https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/events/241/2016-adventure-riding-nz-central-plateau-not-a-rally-weekend/

The tracks we will be covering include gravel,river crossings, grass, sand, dirt, possibly mud, and clay so proper knobbly tyres are required! no road tyres with wide grooves or else you’ll be pushing yourself. Each track linked to above contains a description and pictures and/or video of the terrain, it is your responsibility to be prepared with the right tyres on your bike, and the right gear for yourself!

Last year we finished at about 2pm Sunday afternoon near Whangamomona village, and riders made their way home from there.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@jonibarteam, you coming this year?

Mark Claasen
    Participant
    • Bike: 1200GSA KLR650NE WR450 RMX250, DR750,

Looks like a corker

Joao
    Keymaster
    • Bike: R1200GS

Yep. Most probably will.
    Actually I’ve just done half of the 42nd twice this weekend… could not complete because the river crossing was too dangerous…

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I might have to re work day 2/Sunday due to the Whangamomona Road having some huge slips.

Cullum Campbell-Morrison

wish i could do it but i think i would be one of these pushing myself through the mud on deathwings

Feral Matt

The Africa should be good to go…

Edward Brodie

As per the last post I need to re work day 2 as the Old Wangamomona road is currently impassable

Michael J Breen

Sounds good to me

Jake Maryniak

Bugger 🙁

Edward Brodie

Your wimping out?

Jake Maryniak

Cant that weekend or the next

Jake Maryniak

Rotorua Safari is on that weekend, and our Glenn Massey Safari is on the weekend after

Jake Maryniak

Already booked and paid for the Rotorua one 🙁

Edward Brodie

Ah well. that was the only weekend I could do it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.