5 Reasons to ride Small Motorcycle on a Long Adventure trip

Forums Forums Riding Places to ride Riding Overseas 5 Reasons to ride Small Motorcycle on a Long Adventure trip

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hobbyhorse 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Dave Young
    Participant
    • Bike: KTM 50 SX 2018

This video is well worth watching. I’m just back from a short 4100 km ride around the South Island and I would agree with all the points stated.

OldBeer
    Participant
    • Bike: DL650, DRZ250, CB500X

I’ve watched that before. I’ve never really done any adventure riding in the sense he is talking about but can see his point.

What makes me laugh is that a 650 is now a small bike! What does that make my drz250?

Dave Young
    Participant
    • Bike: KTM 50 SX 2018

@oldbeer Like you, I don’t have bike size anxiety as I have found my KLX150L manages luggage plus extra fuel perfectly well. I’ve even gone 2-up on the gravel roads with no problem. I know I can’t overtake logging trucks that are charging around at 110 kph, but hey, it gives me more time to take in the views.

Hobbyhorse
    Participant
    • Bike: 2008 Suzuki DRZ 250

I sold my BMW R80/7, which was set up for gravel roads, and bought a DRZ-250. I am now enjoying my backroad riding again and wondering why it took me so long to wake up to the joys of a light bike.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.