No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes Husaberg 70 degrees is just so perfect, the berg FE570 and 450

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Hadrian Haine 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

There are very few of us bastards lucky enough to have one of these, but for those that do and are on this site…please share. Your thoughts are good too πŸ˜‰

I still ride something else, but the 570 is the one bike that seriously threatens to turn me. There are plenty of online articles about adventurising the bike, and how its no good for that as well. Personally, for the small area that is NZ, I think it would make a fine ADV bike, and being so light and so strong, HEAPS of fun. Top it all off, I can load it on a towball rack no problem and cruise the country to any adventure ride, then head back to the Far North tired, happy, and comfortable in the car. Sure u can ride EVERYWHERE, but I’m all about maximising fun, and minimising boring straights of tarmac in the cold rain on a motorcross style bike. It will make the bike last longer too πŸ˜‰

So please share your thoughts if you can, I’m actively looking at these, just none around for sale at the moment. Safari tank required, a reworked seat, bashplate, but what else?

all ears……

Scott Baxter
    Participant

I will be selling my “KTLR” soon in hopes of getting one of these next Summer. I rode side by side with someone on the Dusty butt (he was riding a 450 Husaberg), and he absolutely smashed the course with it. I asked his opinion of it and he said “the best bike ever!”

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

I thiink @mark-wareham has a ‘Berg in his stable.

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

The 570 and to some extent the 450 are capable as being all-around ADV bikes…but I wouldn’t say that if i lived outside of NZ. The fact that we have a small country to ride around makes them more appealing and less of a worry since distances between places are short, and it takes longer (usually) to build up mileage. I thought about using one in the Pacific Northwest and in Baja…but better the longer range, more robust 650 xchallenge (BMW). So I have the right bike but in the wrong place. Maybe need to ship overseas, and get a berg 570 here?

octopusenvy
    Participant

STILL LOOKING! Let me know of any of your mates who may have a 570 lurking in their shed or garage! I will have one…

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

I can’t keep up with you as it is, with one of those you’d be unstoppable.

octopusenvy
    Participant

<cite>@eddieb said:</cite>
    I can’t keep up with you as it is, with one of those you’d be unstoppable.

you’re just saying that to make me feel better. worked.

octopusenvy
    Participant

Just found my dream bike…in Tasmania. Hmm, what a mission to get that here but what a cool mission! I’d probably look into it further if my xchallenge was sold quickly πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sandy-bay/motorcycles/husaberg-fe570/1094115872

simon hantler
    Participant

i have a 09 FE570 ill sell. 7k with full boxed set of new plastices. good allround cond.
    simon 0274976599

octopusenvy
    Participant

This needed updating…I snagged that beautiful, fully adventurised 2012 Husaberg 570FE Rally Australia bike from a great guy in Hobart selling for WAAAAY to cheap πŸ˜‰ I proceeded to ride the crap out of it on a 10day tour of Tasmania (fell in love hard on the first day with the best bike I’ve ever ridden), then ferry to Melbourne and ship it home to NZ. Straight away clean and prep for a 2week South Island attack, which it did very very well, including a big swim out the back of Tekapo which she survived. On the last day heading back to the ferry, my spline stripped away in Blenheim (no prior feedback or vibes in the pegs), so i made it to the ferry and my van on the other end to get home. It’s been a while waiting for a complete gasket set (good for spares), and fairly costly, but a great learning experience and she’s back together and ready to go again.
    I’ve made a lot of improvements to protect the countershaft spline, including a new cush hub rear wheel which I’m eager to try out. Winter is looking really good πŸ™‚

Another update, @simon_baxter bought a stock 2012 and is currently farkling and tinkering with his new love as well. @simon-hantler may have sold his that was offered here for sale but not sure? He keeps busy with his fine collection of bikes and opening up businesses on Waiheke and elsewhere.

Attachments:

Hadrian Haine
    Participant
    • Bike: 08 Husaberg FE 450 and a classic 86 Honda XLR250R

Do you still have it forsale?

Hadrian Haine
    Participant
    • Bike: 08 Husaberg FE 450 and a classic 86 Honda XLR250R

Simon, Do you still have it forsale?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.