No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Gear Adventure pant woes

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Harty7 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

JamesGale
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW F650GS (2002)

Does anyone else struggle to find the right size of adventure pants?
    I’ve spent the last couple of months going backward and forward with a mail-order company trying to find some pants that fit properly. I’m over 6′ and have a bit of a paunch. Not too dissimilar to the average kiwi male.
    The shop didn’t have the exact size I wanted so they gave me one size larger. It must have been for a 10′ giant. My feet only just reached the knee roll.
    The next ones had a crotch that would have fit a 6 year old.
    Then I got some that fit well in the waist and crotch…but the legs were a bit too long.
    I finally gave up when the shorter legged version arrived but were way too short at the knee.

D’ya think it was just the brand (Dririder) that made it difficult? Or are pant manufactures trying to push big-fatties away from adventure bikes and keep them on Harleys.

Gremlin
    Participant
    • Bike: 2010 BMW R1200GS Adventure

I use Revit 2XL Long, 6’3 and 110kg (need to lose some weight, they’re a bit of a squeeze currently).

Glenn Hart
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW 1200 GS & Ducati 750SS

I have a set of RST Adventure Jacket & pants, bought them without trying any on for size, the fit was perfect for me, probably about the same size as you, 6ft , 110kg . I got a 3xl jacket & 2xl pants, allows for being comfortable, especially in the winter down here in Central Otago.

JamesGale
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW F650GS (2002)

I guess I was just unlucky. I’m a bit heavier that you guys by 10-20kg, but it’s not all around the waist.
    I’ve asked the local shop if they can get in a few pairs of pants for me to try on. Then I’ll put the ‘failed’ pair on trademe.

Gremlin
    Participant
    • Bike: 2010 BMW R1200GS Adventure

I don’t think you’ll suit 2XL Long. It does sound like you might have shorter legs vs torso, whereas I know I’ve got reasonably long legs.

Just one other thing, the different brands will have different cuts. American brands will have American shape, European their preference etc. Years of Rev’it gear and I know it fits me quite well, so good luck finding the right brands for you.

Harty7
    Participant

i had the same problem with dririder pants,im normally xl but there pants were way too small so i got 2xl and that was to small too,you would think an aussie company would make clothes sizes to match the kiwi and oz rider,so they are sitting in the spare room and i got some ktm hardparts hydrotech pants cheap instead…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.