fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Riding Skills & Safety Adventure Rider Training

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Shane
    Participant

Hey,

I’m keen to sharpen my adventure riding skills – especially the off-road stuff on the larger bikes (after many years on the tarmac enjoying high traction)… and was wondering if anyone could recommend any good outfits / people that run sessions for this?
    Auckland area or beyond..

Cheers!

SW

ADV77
    Participant

Chris Birch has online training videos on vimeo I think. Check them out they are fairly priced.

Shane
    Participant

Thanks ADV77, I’ve sen lots of great videos online, and have some understanding.. but really want something in person so an expert can coach me specifically.

I was booked to a course in Australia (https://www.stayupright.com.au/courses/su-off-road/) but had to cancel when moving back to NZ recently. Was hoping to find something similar.
    Does something like that exist in New Zealand?

Cheers

sabin brewer
    Participant

Hi there Shane there’s not much training around NZ for adventure riding,you are better to find someone who has done a lot of adventure riding and ride with them?

OldBeer
    Participant

Chris Birch will do one on one training. Very good value imho.

Craig Brighouse
    Participant

I too have recently moved from road bikes to dual sport and found Chris Birches videos really good. I am looking at doing one of his courses in the future. Check out his website for future courses http://www.chrisbirch.co.nz/coaching

Bernard
    Participant
    • Bike: Ktm 1290 Super Adventure S,klr650

yes

Peter Wiles
    Participant

Hi,

I contacted the Ride to Live organisation, last year, re. a “non-tarmac” training course, but was told that their thinking/planning revolved around tarmac accident statistics, so a non-tarmac was unlikely in the foreseeable future. This struck me as being a bit short-sighted, because of the huge number of public non-tarmac roads on both islands, and that accidents on these roads can still result in injury requiring treatment.

Shame, really, since the organisations bronze, silver and gold courses are really worthwhile.

Maybe more pressure from adventure bike riders for non-tarmac courses would lead to a change in thinking!

The local Ride to Live organiser was more than willing to run such a course, but there’s no current support from the organisation.

ChrisCole
    Participant

I spent a day with Chis birch riding the areas he has access to near Thames last year. It was a really good day and I certainly learnt from it

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.