fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Adventure Riding NZ now has a Points and Ranks reputation system

Home Forums General Discussion Site Stuff Adventure Riding NZ now has a Points and Ranks reputation system

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

We have introduced a Points and Rank reputation system on Adventure Riding NZ which we have named ‘Community Contribution Points’. Each member now has a rank which is currently based on bike cc ratings as the more points you get the higher your ranking.

On your user profile page you will see your rank, and points total and in the forums when you reply to a topic your rank underneath your name. You can see another members rank by looking at their profile page.

Points are gained by creating new topics (2 points), replying to existing topics (1 point), making friend connections and other functions, with the big one, supplying a GPS Track for the site getting you 100 points.

The current ranking names and points requirements are:

Removed User

Nice…
    Incentive required though? Otherwise it is a bit pointless…80cc rider? what is the point?
    Boasting rights?
    The contributions work for you so I think if we contribute there could be rewards, like T shirts or stickers, caps etc?

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Points based ranking systems are a standard feature on most forums.
    The idea of the site is for riders to share info with other riders and the points provide a rough, if not perfect indication of how much each member has contributed.

I don’t get anything out of this website directly and it costs me over $100 each month which comes out of my own pocket and has done every month for the past 2 years or so, not to mention the hours and hours of admin time required every week.

To give away items like T-Shirts, caps, etc isn’t financially viable unless someone else is paying for them somehow like a sponsorship deal.
    All the information I have compiled for this site and all the time and money I have spent on it has been done for free, if people want me to pay them to use it on top of that then I may as well turn it all off and keep everything I have to myself.

Jake Maryniak
    Participant

Jake Maryniak
    Participant

<cite> @Mark Wareham said:</cite>
    Nice…
    Incentive required though? Otherwise it is a bit pointless…80cc rider? what is the point?
    Boasting rights?
    The contributions work for you so I think if we contribute there could be rewards, like T shirts or stickers, caps etc?

Stop beating around the bush and just say that you want a free tee or a cap…. 🙂

Removed User

<cite>@Facebook – jake.maryniak said:</cite>
    Stop beating around the bush and just say that you want a free tee or a cap…. 🙂

He ain’t got a size that will fit me I bet…..

roodyblues
    Participant
    • Town/City: Whangarei
    • Bike: DRZ 400, XRV 750, Tiger Explorer 1200

Hear hear! Well spoken Edward!

Sharn
    Participant
    • Bike: WR250R

I’m going to be a sook about not getting 100 points for supplying the Klondyke Rd track file….

Maybe you could mention how many points it takes to progress to each ranking?

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@Sharn Amon said:
    I’m going to be a sook about not getting 100 points for supplying the Klondyke Rd track file….

Maybe you could mention how many points it takes to progress to each ranking?

Fixed ya sook. I tried to manually retrofit the big points but obviously missed one.

Rankings and points added to the first post, these aren’t necessarily fixed in stone so if the collective brains trust think there’s a better way to scale it and to call the ranks I’m open to suggestions.

Removed User

Pointless drivel -10 🙂

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Community Points are also issued for posting a review of any of the products in our store.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

There’s been a few comments about the rank names recently and a couple of people have indicated they have ideas about better rank names etc.

If you’ve got some ideas speak up, maybe we should start at Auckland cafe latte drinker/hooper for the lowest rank and go from there?

@michael_j_breen
    , @mark-claasen, @octopusenvy etc

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

OK, I’m just going to say that the way Eddie has set up the ‘ranks’ of contributors is fine. I mean we can tease a bit and make jokes, or we can be totally offended by graduating upwards to heavier bigger bikes…but in the end it has no bearing on the content. I think the work Eddie does is more than any of us combined, so he can use whatever he wants!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.