fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Adventure riding pants

Home Forums General Discussion Gear Adventure riding pants

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jake Maryniak
    Participant

Can anyone recommend any reasonable adventure riding pants on a budget? I have touring pants and I am not very happy with them. Any suggestions? Budget around $150-180

glitch_oz
    Participant

At that sort of price point, your adv-pants experience will sadly not be much different to your touring-pants results.

Then again, it all depends on use …and expectations.
    Here is something that’s shown its mettle as an ADV pant over and over, but at more than twice the budget.
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-traverse-pants

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

I have some breathable mesh ones with armour that were made for NZ posties, they keep me really cool and are a great cut and fit. Unfortunately they are getting long in the tooth and aren’t made any more so I’l be needing something to replace them with soonish.

Jake Maryniak
    Participant

The more I look around, the more I get drawn back to the camo pants by Livestyle Sports on Trade Me. Not true adv pants but a reasonable alternative, and only $135. Come with armour and zip out liner. Cheap alternative, was wandering if there was anything else worth looking at.

Removed User

Spread the net further. I got some heavy duty Cordura workmans pants, I also found some Draggin jeans dirt cheap in my size from eBay…
    Why spend hundreds on grossly over inflated bike pants when a rub on a hot exhaust or fall results in money lost!

Jake Maryniak
    Participant

I have some Dragin jeans, just think that a proper pair of riding pants for the longer trips is the way to go. Keep the Dragins for round town or short rides

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS
    Participant
    • Bike: Honda CRF250L (heavily modified)

Love my Dri-Rider Rally Cross pros. I got them for about $190 and they are perfect for adventure riding. Very roomy in the knees which is good because I wear my own knee protection.

Removed User

<cite> @888 said:</cite>
    Love my Dri-Rider Rally Cross pros. I got them for about $190 and they are perfect for adventure riding. Very roomy in the knees which is good because I wear my own knee protection.

Had pairs of these for years…
    Not a fan of the flared bottoms though…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.