No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Gear Adventure-tank 1.6G (6lt) range extending tank $199USD

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  octopusenvy 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

Another new purchase with a long term review to follow after my 8wk trip coming up to the Canadian/USA Rockies. This tank isn’t very well known like touratech, safari, acerbis etc. However, it’s a seemingly excellent design for a tail tank. I was never a big fan of the ‘look’ of the Xtank, which is a similar sized tank that slings on the side of your bike opposite side to your single exhaust. That also is an option only for bikes with a single exhaust. Oh and most of those tanks are minimum 500USD to start, going up to 800USD. This tank looks good and flat on the tail of almost any bike with a rack.

The main thing is the extra weight on the tail, but most bikes would be fine with this. It wouldn’t work for a bike without a subframe, and I am running it on a bike with an alloy subframe, so I’m hoping it will not stress it too much. The fuel tank is low profile and black (unlike the bubble shaped taller acerbis tail tanks), and also comes with a rack on top of it if you wanted to strap more above it. I won’t use that other than possibly for a tent or sleeping bag, something very light. Overall the design is good and it’s a very simple tank that drains first so the weight disappears first.

More news on this tank after I put it through its paces in the backcountry discovery routes of the Rockies…

adv-tank auxillary tail tank 1.6g

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

That’s really cool.

I have a Rotopax set that bolts onto my Wolfman luggage racks inboard of my bags.

The Terror of Taupo
    Participant

Thats really expensive.
    I have a plastic 5 litre.
    The fuel in it, is worth more than the tank…

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

of course you can just strap fuel to the back of your bike in a gerry can or the red plastic containers, but this is an option for having it plumbed in, low profile, and looking good. I bought a rotopax with the locking mechanism but never used it. I will likely put it up for sale in the spring as you still have to stop and refuel with that setup and yours. Sure, you could attempt to plumb in a red container and spend less if you really wanted to, but this is a much more refined and sleek option. If I was riding a bush pig that was old and rugged, I’d probably just strap extra fuel on it as well. Call me an ADV-plutocrat if you must.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.