No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports anyone keen for a day ride somewhere around the waikato easter sunday

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  David Bisschops 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

David Bisschops
    Participant
    • Bike: bmw 2005 f650gs Dakar

as the title so i found out the family is off to a beach so i am kid and wife free on easter sunday so i thought if anyone is free a ride might be fun otherwise im off hunting. i would be keen to go up thompsons if the track is open by then let me know if you maybe keen

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

If the weather holds out I’m heading up to Miranda for the National Sidecar rally on Easter Sunday.

David Bisschops
    Participant

That sounds fun do you have a link so I can have a look and are non sidecar two wheels welcome

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@David Bisschops said:
    That sounds fun do you have a link so I can have a look and are non sidecar two wheels welcome

There’s no link, The only online presense for sidecars in NZ is the Flyingthechair section of this website. No idea about 2 wheelers.

Michael J Breen
    Participant

hmmm, i was thinking about Thompsons in the next 2 days. Last time I rode there it was blocked with landslips and treefall; it was completely impassable.
    Think I’ll ride the Tect Park in Pyes Pa (staying in Rotorua for a night and 2 days with son and grandson. Grandson really wants to take his BRAAAP out for a ride!
    http://www.tectallterrainpark.co.nz/media/47386/motorcycle-track-map-2014.pdf

Dean Saunders
    Participant

Na just go for a hunt up the kaimai David and let me know if they have started roaring yet ????????

Michael J Breen
    Participant

of course I’m only a 50cc rider here so i’ll have to keep my 300exc in 1st gear and 25% revs or I might get booked for being too fast
    😉

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@michael_j_breen said:
    hmmm, i was thinking about Thompsons in the next 2 days. Last time I rode there it was blocked with landslips and treefall; it was completely impassable.
    Think I’ll ride the Tect Park in Pyes Pa (staying in Rotorua for a night and 2 days with son and grandson. Grandson really wants to take his BRAAAP out for a ride!

Thanks for that, I didn’t know about it. Looks like the ideal place to take our 12 year old and her drz 125, and possibly Jennifer on her DR250 for some off road experience.

Do you know of any other similiar places?

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@michael_j_breen said:

Just had a look at that map again, the motorcycle tracks are marked with an asterix, which translates to ‘Open Weekdays’.

Any idea whether that means only open weekdays or also open weekdays?

David Bisschops
    Participant

<cite>@michael_j_breen said:</cite>
    of course I’m only a 50cc rider here so i’ll have to keep my 300exc in 1st gear and 25% revs or I might get booked for being too fast
    😉

haha but he will love it good to see some young ones getting out there and not sitting on a computer

David Bisschops
    Participant

<cite>@eddieb said:</cite>
    Just had a look at that map again, the motorcycle tracks are marked with an asterix, which translates to ‘Open Weekdays’.

Any idea whether that means only open weekdays or also open weekdays?

i have been here for 4wd and shooting never taken a bike but the tracks are awesome from what i know it is open all the time during day hours unless an event is on and night stay is allowed if organized prior i know one of the rangers for the park i can find out more if anyone is keen

David Bisschops
    Participant

<cite>@Facebook – dean.saunders.7393 said:</cite>
    Na just go for a hunt up the kaimai David and let me know if they have started roaring yet ????????

i was up there last week and i could hear 1 going for it and if i go hunting i might take my new compound bow on its first outing thought id give it a go while i build my new rifle

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@David Bisschops said:
    i was up there last week and i could hear 1 going for it and if i go hunting i might take my new compound bow on its first outing thought id give it a go while i build my new rifle

I took our 12 year old to Archery direct last week and we had a practice/training session on the bows, it was fun.

David Bisschops
    Participant

<cite>@eddieb said:</cite>
    I took our 12 year old to Archery direct last week and we had a practice/training session on the bows, it was fun.

yeh i spent toooooo much money there its my other thing i like to do when not on my bike problem is it almost costs as much haha

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.