Auckland Rides

This topic contains 150 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  enduro0627 1 hour, 4 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 151 total)
  • Author

enduro0627
    Participant
    • Bike: 2014KLR650EE

Hi,
    I am jealous and happy at the same time. It is a shame i could not ride on the weekend at all, and happy you had such a good time.
    Thank you @herman-prinsloo for taking care of this ride.
    @oldbeer would you mind if a couple of pictures will make it’s way to the klrramblers.wordpress.com?
    Andrew

Joao
    Keymaster
    • Bike: R1200GS

And I did go out yesterday, had some time to play with my birthday toy!… Click the image to watch the video.

Mark Claasen
    Participant
    • Bike: 1200GSA KLR650NE WR450 RMX250, DR750,

This Saturday morning Heavy Hitters Muriwai Beach ride

rustclebrown
    Participant
    • Bike: Dr650se

Must have just missed you guys. Went to muriwai around 11am. I went in up by the sandpit though where were you ?

Mark Claasen
    Participant

We never got off the beach, am heading back up tomorrow morning if you get this

Joao
    Keymaster
    • Bike: R1200GS

Hi Mark what time are you going?

Mark Claasen
    Participant

Hadrian Haine
    Participant
    • Bike: 08 Husaberg FE 450 and a classic 86 Honda XLR250R

Hey guys looks like most of the time you guys head North, but for the occasions port Waikato and the west coast outings.
    Long story short (or possibly long as I type as I think)… I am based in the north Waikato. But an currently converlesing from a work place injury, but have riden some of the eastern bays south of Auckland before and the Clevedon area. There is some nice winding sealed road, with good views here. And can be linked into the seabird coast, from there one could dog leg in to the Hanuia forest, or carry on south to Miranda and return to Auckland via the Hanuia forest and past the water resivours. Aulternitvely the rout could be ran in reverse.
    So this leaves a couple of questions. One has any if you charming JAFAs ? explored these areas? And Two Who would like to explore these areas with me, and plot some of the gravel roads? Or alternatively would you prefer I scouted them first, plotted a course and created an event?

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

I rode around the Miranda coast of the forest a month or so back and couldn’t find a way in, others have also commented that there’s no access into there, it’s all private forestry apparently.

Eddie's random adventures and DR650 build thread

Peter
    Participant

The roads are shut off by watercare they use them as access to there water supply dams

Mark Claasen
    Participant

Hadge, Am expecting to move closer to you soon (Waiuku Pukekohe)
    So will be keen once dust settles
    Time to break out the WR maybe

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

enduro0627
    Participant
    • Bike: 2014KLR650EE

Hi,
    You can find a brief account of the November KLR Ramblers ride and a few pictures here.
    November – Ride report

Thank you all for turning up for this ride in such an awesome number! I hope everyone enjoyed the ride despite the unexpected road closure which “slightly” altered out route. πŸ™‚
    Andrew

Daniel Fisher
    Participant
    • Bike: DRZ 250

Did a Coromandel gravel tour with a few guys and a gal on the weekend. Great fun despite the rain that was meant to blow over! A few mishaps along the way between us all, In order: 1x dropped bike doing a u turn on soft road edge, 1x dropped bike on deep gravel, 1x Highside on wet road with cold knobblies, 2x counts of target fixation ending with bike in ditch, and 1 count of being a silly bugger riding up a steep track and nearly going bush! It ain’t called adventure riding for nothing πŸ˜€

Tapu-Coroglen Road: Good condition, road works near the end.

309 Road: Good condition. Seems to be more and more tar all the time πŸ™

Portjackson/Fletcher Bay Road: Pretty good condition, worsening towards Fletchers with exposed clay.

PortCharles Road: Bare in places, but base is hard so plenty of grip.

Stonybay Road: Some gnarlier gravel in places, and probably my favorite road of the trip.

Waikawau-Tuateawa Road: Some deep gravel and road works in places. I think the only time i felt the need to stand up for extended periods. Looks to be Tarsealing sections after little bay πŸ™

Victoria Steet: A very unassuming place and name for a gravel road. Good condition some larger chunkier bits near the end from being graded.

All in a bloody great weekend!!

Hadrian Haine
    Participant
    • Bike: 08 Husaberg FE 450 and a classic 86 Honda XLR250R

anyone riding tomorrow? Anyone want to come south meet in TeKauwhata mid to late morning head Maramarua forestry then Ohinewai, top, settlement Waite and maybe quin road anthem then maybe reverce or Waikare Rd. Also open to other options. Just want to get out on the bike. Any takers or suggestions northern Waikato south Auckland

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 151 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.