fbpx

No products in the cart.

This topic contains 206 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Claasen 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 207 total)
  • Author

OldBeer
    Participant

I did it in 2 days on my drz250. Ararua Road (parallel to Bull road) was one of my favourite bits but Andrew, it might be a good idea to check out Robs route to see if there are even better roads to add in to T2B? Apparently Girls High School Road is also good…

I can recommend the Office at Maungatapere if the Parakao is out of lattes…

Have a great ride guys

OldBeer
    Participant

Edit……I rode the bit from Reinga to Maungatoroto in two days, not the whole thing….

Should not post past my bedtime….

Rob
    Participant

Thanks Ed, now got it
    Thanks OldBeer great idea, yes there are plenty of good cafe destinations along or around that route that could be explored if the whole distance is too long time wise. All options considered. 🙂

Daniel Fisher
    Participant

Doing a ride on Anzac day, Leaving Kumeu 11am, up the guts to Puhoi then check out Moir Hill paper road https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/gps-tracks-rides/north-island-tracks/moir-hill-road/ Wellsford for gas then explore the gravel/sand at Tapora. Sound like a bit of you? More info and RSVP at http://meetu.ps/e/Fbpvc/tcJW9/f

Attachments:

Joao
    Keymaster

I’m in, where in Kumeu do you want to meet up?

Joao

Daniel Fisher
    Participant

Details for meet point are on in the link, once rsvp’d. Or alternatively pm me for meet point and ill write you as going (as I have put the word out on here, fb pages and meetup, it’s hard to keep track of the conversations and whos going, makes my life easier if i know who’s going in the one place.) Someone posted a pretty muddy picture of around there on FB, but trying to confirm it was in fact Moir road and not Baker road (one of the paper roads off Moir Hill Road. Sat imegrgy still looks pretty open, where photo looked closed in.

Joao
    Keymaster

Done.
    Moirs Hill is easy road. There are a few other tracks in there that are quite nice and a bit more challenging for the ones keen to try a bit more than just gravel riding.
    I would also be keen to try Barker Rd, from Ahuroa Rd to Moirs Hill Rd, just to see if it is passable. From satelite there is a road, but I don’t know if one can take it.

Daniel Fisher
    Participant

This is the picture. My tyre pretty worn and one of the reasons for this ride was to wear it out and replace with the new one. Now I’m thinking I should swap over tonight, but knowing my luck I’d pinch the tube and be buggered for tomorrow!

Joao
    Keymaster

Ahh that is not moirs hill main road. maybe one of the side tracks… MY rear tyre is also very worn out no need to change tyre overnight.

Daniel Fisher
    Participant

Sweet as then, thanks for that Joao. See you tomorrow.

OldBeer
    Participant

That looks like Barker to me. I did that a while ago on tbe 250. Scott Livingston was on a dr650. Theres a wooden fence at the top we had to wrangle tbe bikes through. You might not get the gs through there Joao. Best go from the top down unless you dont mind turning around and going back. It’ll be pretty muddy…

Daniel Fisher
    Participant

A Good day out. 4 Paper roads to have a squiz/go at today, Chatham, Valley, Moir Hill, and track to Manukapua Island. Small selection of best photos, more to be had on the album at https://www.meetup.com/Auckland-Motorcycles/events/250059171/ for those interested. Will have to organise a day just dedicated to Moir Hill, so many places to explore there.

enduro0627
    Participant

KLR Ramblers ride – May

Hi,
    Here are the details of the May KLR Ramblers ride.
    KLR Ramblers ride – May
    Do not be frightened by the name of the ride, all kind of bikes are welcome not just KLRs. 🙂

Also, trying to transform the KLR Ramblers to something more “future proof”.
    Read the details here.
    Long term plans

We are looking for 2 more committed riders who can help with the rides in the 2018-2019 riding season.

Also, there is an “Events Calendar” on the KLR Ramblers site to make easier to keep up with what is happening. It is a Google Calendar, so you can easily integrate it into your mobile phone or desktop PC calendar.
    Events Calendar

OldBeer
    Participant

Rode Krippner, Tahekeroa, Kaipara Hills and Old Kaipara Roads today. All in great shape and mostly have very good graded surfaces, bit of corrugation here and there. Two of us with road tyres had no problems anywhere. Was a nice afternoon. Nice not to have a lungful of dust.

Cheers

OldBeer
    Participant

Im heading out to Northern Wairoa early Saturday to explore the Kumara Triangle between Dargaville Maungatapere and Maungatoroto. Will include some of the T2B route but lots of others too. No fixed route plans.

Happy to have some company. Some great roads here if you havent done them.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 207 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.