No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Where to ride Riding Overseas AUSTRALIA SHIPPING…any contacts or experience? likely ex Melb 2 AKL

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  octopusenvy 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

Hi all,

just looking for quick contacts or info (even costs) for shipping a bike one-way from Melbourne to Auckland. A dream bike is there and not likely coming to NZ anytime soon (certainly not configured the exact way I’d want it either). So I’m researching fast!!

Cheers in advance

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

Well leave it to me to break in this topic IN ACTION…

I’ve used a company called ADL, the contact here in NZ is Paul Stitchbury and it ended up being VERY affordable, since he just straps the bike down in a container with cars that come every week! The packing is insured, not the journey (no luck if Tangaroa swallows the ship, but this happens less than 1% of the time). Anyhow, it costed out to 250AUD plus 325NZD on arrival plus GST. My gst will be small since the bill of sale suggests the value at 1800AUD only. Other companies were quoting 1400 or more plus requiring crating and Dangerous Goods cert. This option I found is great! They even let me include a box with spare parts! I can post a follow-up as bike is currently floating from Melbourne to AKL via Sydney. Sydney to AKL takes 4-5days and I’m tracking the ship 🙂

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Is the $325NZD duty because you are importing the bike from Australia or would someone who had shipped their bike from NZ to there previously and is now shipping it back also incur that charge?

octopusenvy
    Participant

Late reply. I think the $325 would be port fees, and you MIGHT get some off of this if it’s your own bike returning but I’m guessing not. ADL is in Australia, and over here it was received by CFR Lines? So they all take a cut. Still, it’s pretty cheap shipping from Oz if you do it right.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.