fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Gear Auto Chain oilers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Peter Wiles
    Participant

I’ve read the 2015 Forum entry on chain oilers, but certainly the Scottoiler range seems to have been developed since then. What are the pro’s and con’s of oilers, based on members’ experience, and are there any recommendations? I’m doing what research I can, via the web and other bikers, but any info will be useful.

andrew_buchanan
    Participant

Hi
    I have an auto Scott oiler on 990 and has worked well for years
    Havent had any issues at all

MalcolmB
    Participant

I use an oiler called LOOBMAN which is simple and inexpensive and only requires the occasional input from the rider. Judging by the present indications I will get 60000 km on the chain and sprockets on the Tiger. However equally as important to oiling the chain is cleaning it regularly with good old kerosene and expensive chain oilers won’t do that for you!

Peter Wiles
    Participant

Thanks, Andrew and Malcolm.

Andrew, is your Scottoiler vacuum or electrically operated? I’ve been getting some good feedback on the electrically operated one.

Malcolm, I agree on chain cleaning. It’s the spray-on, tacky lubricants I’m not keen on – seem to collect grit, thus making a good grinding paste!

Thanks again, both.

Pete

Adrian Godfrey
    Participant

Nemo is great, no electrical fitting required, shop around on price, there is also a Chinese copy now
    https://www.motomox.co.nz/shop/show_single_product.php?prod=459

Peter Wiles
    Participant

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for that. Seems simple, efficient and a lot cheaper than Scottoilers. Do you use a Nemo and, if so, do you get any excess oiling?

Cheers

Pete

ljhfarm
    Participant

I use a Tutoro chain oiler, simple and works very well

Adrian Godfrey
    Participant

Yes I have the Nemo on a Multistrada, no oil leaks, just make sure it is completely full with no air on top of the oil

Peter Wiles
    Participant

Thank, everyone. That’s given me a fair bit to consider.

Pete

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I need to fit one to the DR as well but I want something that doesn’t need to be filled every ride. How many km’s will they do between fillups?

Graeme Howarth
    Participant

+1 for the Tutoro. Only used it on 2 road bikes so far but no electrical or vacuum connections required. Dead simple. I get at least 800kms on a fill. Bought from here:~ http://www.fastbikegear.co.nz/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=323 but like everywhere else they seem to lack stock at the moment thanks to the CCP virus.

Peter Wiles
    Participant

Looked into the Tutoro, but these no longer have an NZ distributer, although they are available from the UK manufacturer. Shame really, since they seem simple, not requiring attachment to vaccuum or battery. Fastbikegear informed me that they were no longer importing the product.

So, back to the Scottoiler, I guess.

sabin brewer
    Participant

Hi there I got my chain Oiler off Amazon $39 us, you just turn the click thing on the top when you want oil well worth a look

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.