No products in the cart.

Home Forums Other stuff Cool Video’s Awesome Players Off-Road Motorcycle Club

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Young 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dave Young
    Participant
    • Bike: KTM 50 SX

I’m not sure if this has been posted here before but I’ll throw this into the pot anyway. The Awesome Players Off-Road Motorcycle Club videos, hosted on YouTube, brings together a bunch of middle-aged guys trying their hand at off-road riding in Canada.

Awesome Players Last Ride of 2010 (Suzuki DR650, BMW F800, HP2, 1150GS) : This video starts with the caution stating “The following clip contains poor decision making, poor camera work, poor riding and poor language”. Lots of dropped bikes and at the 7:17 minute mark you will get to see why a neck brace is probably a good investment to make.

The Mighty Suzuki DR650 a Ural Gear Up and a BMW HP2 Enduro in the dirt : Some Ural with sidecar action in this video.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

I’ve watched a few of their videos, always looks like they are having a good time, and they have some fun places to ride.

Dave Young
    Participant

@eddieb I’ve watched far too many of their videos. Saying that, now I don’t feel so bad about laying my bike down occasionally. They certainly have some decent trails to explore, and “The Sandpit” area looks like a sensible place to practise their off-road skills after a long winter hiatus.

Joao
    Keymaster
    • Bike: R1200GS

My favorite youtube Adventure riding channel, I’ve seen ALL of their videos.
    Too bad that they don’t post often…

Let’s do a NZ version. Who is up for it?
    I don’t mind editing.
    I already have some of my ones posted… 😉

Cheers
    Joao

Dave Young
    Participant

The sun must be out in Canada as the Awesome Players have started posting their videos again. Punctures, water crossings, dropped bikes and all the usual banter. The Ural makes an appearance too.

Awesome players YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKCd-s8kyMsikIQHwmrROmA

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

They have some awesome trails over there. Anything interesting over here gets torn to shreds by 4×4 yokels.

Dave Young
    Participant

It’s interesting to hear Riley talk about the requirement for permits to use the trails. I think he’s mentioned before that some of the permit revenue gets put back into maintaining the tracks which doesn’t sound like too bad an idea.

And yeah, the 4×4 mob are a really destructive crowd when it comes to trails.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.