Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Bannockburn Bike week 2017

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat Bannockburn Bike week 2017

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Grumpy Smurf
    Participant
    • Town/City: Wellington
    • Bike: F800gs

OH joy, thanks for the heads up.
    The only thing that really changes is the time it will take (I am not aware of any alternative route ??).
    ETA Chch might be a bit later, but otherwise still the same.
    Chris is confirmed so we will be meeting in St Arnaud.
    I am going to spend the day of the 26th riding around in Marlbrough area, any suggestions on where to go (I will have about 6 hours)?

Budvar
    Participant
    • Bike: KLR650

Its not that bad but from hanmer allow at least 2 to 2.5h and watch the speedo! Rainbow i would say 3h with some stops. I went on the end of December trough and was pretty busy there but now it should calm down.

for Marlbrough area i would say Maungatapu Track is pretty nice and anyhow on the way from the ferry to nelson, Hori bay and lake Rotoroa is may an option too. Around Picton I don’t have any idea

Stefan Innocente
    Participant

OK guys. I may finally do the Bannockburn Week.
    Are there any guys going there, pitching base and then doing day trips around?
    As there are many great rides nearby, this method appeals to me.

Cheers
    Stefan

Budvar
    Participant

Sort of that was my plan too. i just want to see when we arrive there and then make a decision what where who

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

When you get down to the Rally, we need new GPS tracks for Skippers canyon, Omarama saddle, Old Dunstan Trail or anything else you ride down there.

ChrisCole
    Participant

I will do my best to record what I ride as a GPX file and will get a copy to you Eddie

Chris

Grumpy Smurf
    Participant
    • Town/City: Wellington
    • Bike: F800gs

I’m planning to take each day as it comes, some days I may want to go off and do my own thing, other days join the organized rides.
    I think that they are pretty flexible.
    The weather should be good at that time of the year, but never guaranteed, that may govern what what, when, where as much as anything.
    I’m going to camp at the site, anybody done that before, what’s it like?

P.S. I will have my GPS on the bike and will record anything interesting as well (and take photos !).

Budvar
    Participant

I have the gps on board too and gopro.

Stefan Innocente
    Participant

Looks like I WILL be going. Just have to ask my gaffer if he’ll let me book a week off work; I’ll find out tomorrow (Monday). Should be sweet.

If I do go, I plan to ride The Obelisk (maybe Waikaia Bush Rd down to Piano Flat), Skippers & Macetown, The Nevis, Thompsons Gorge Rd with the Apiti Track as a side run. Obviously can’t go all that way and not do the Old Dunstan Trail & Serpentine Church Track too!

Yeah!

ajgreen
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW R1200GS

Hi guys.

Pretty sure there is a Nelson BMW Riders ride going down the Rainbow on Sat 25th, curving around and coming back up to the Acheron Cottage for the night, then back to Blenheim/Nelson via the Molesworth on the Sunday.

I’m hoping to go, so I’ll keep you posted on any developments.

Cheers.

Al

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

Make sure you tell Dave (The organiser) you are all Adventure Riding NZ members.

ChrisCole
    Participant

Will do

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.